Jason & Shamarie Gilliam 10/17/2020 Oatman Az Gunfight Schedule is a small town in Nevada that has had a gold rush. Store Clothing store. There really isn't anything special about Oatman that makes it conducive for the motorcycle lifestyle, except that the original Route 66 runs through it. The Oatman Ghost Rider Gunfighters is the oldest group of cowboys in Arizona. Buddy & Bertha Skillings 10/23/2020 The Ghost Rider Gunfighters have been putting on gunfight reenactments daily for over 25 years. Tom & Rita Settle 11/22/2014 Edward & Laura Dominguez 5/23/2009 I'm sorry this happened to you, Veronica! It is estimated that miners extracted more than $36 million from these mountains during this period. On Yahoo, Yelp, SuperPages, AmericanTowns and 25 other directories! Luis & Tonya Viant 5/28/2011 If weddings arent your thing, you can visit several working artists shops and a couple of museums. OUTLAW GUNFIGHTERS Jason & Erica Brazelton 09/03/2021 The tourism boom didnt last long in Oatman, thanks to the interstate highway system. Address: 170 Rte 66, Oatman, AZ 86433. One of the more colorful shopkeepers is known as Betty the Bead Lady, who for many years, drilled beads and sold them to the Navajos for their jewelry making. Then the lady from the Making Memories store caught up with me so I asked her about the gun fight. We help people connect with the world and each other by stepping out their front door and embarking on journeys big and small. Running right through the middle of Oatman is a stretch of the historic Route 66, the famous road that was the main highway route across the United States from the 1920s through the 1950s. But first, park your car on the street, and take a tour of an iconic Arizona ghost town that refuses to die. Pick some up for gifts and tell the owners we said hello. Douglas & Shari Harrison 1/08/2011 Experience the beauty of the West. //pre loader Clark Gable and Carole Lombard honeymooned at the Durlin Hotel after their wedding in Kingman, Arizona in 1939. In 1851, the Oatman family embarked on a long journey to California to find a better life. We got to town about 3:00 pm and I asked a shop keeper about the gunfight and I was told to check with the Making Memories store becuase the gunfight only goes if there "is enough money in the street" (enough tourists to make some decent tips) The store was locked but the sign on the door said that they may be closed while the gunfight was on so I felt confident our friends would get to see it. Its an old-fashioned, wild-west candy shop like youve never seen before. After the fire, the construction of Route 66 brought the mining industry back to the town. Visitors to this area are encouraged to feed them carrots and other food items. Main Street through Oatman, AZ is tiny, with just a handful of souvenir stores, restaurants, and gift shops that are entirely dependent on tourist dollars. The town of Oatman is nestled at an elevation of 2,700 feet. Gary & Cheryl Parsons 4/30/2017 Oatman Ghost Town: What? Sat 12/17 @ 5:00 pm [ +1 dates] Bullhead City, AZ. Learn more about the Oatman Ghost Rider Gunfighters on their website. We were simply enjoying our walk. Keith & Mary Spriggs 10/10/2020 No gunfight as scheduled? David & Anne Brin 3/6/2020 Oatman, Arizona is located right on Historic Route 66, on the section between Kingman and Topock, Arizona that has been designated a National Back Country Byway. This little town(population 75 people) was a really cool stop on our road trip from Vegas- Lake Havasu. In 1924, the main mine in Oatman closed. Located in the Black Mountains of Mohave County, Arizona, Oatman is in northwest Arizona, about two hours southeast of Las Vegas. Enjoy the 2130 W Van Buren St Only one way to find out! Paul & Wendy Oatman 5/26/2013 The wood plank exterior and sun-faded saloon sign add to its charm. ScrollInStatusBar() MacIntyre 3/25/2009 When they entered the Arizona Territory, the Oatmans and other members of their party met with all kinds of difficulties. But then in the 1970s Laughlin, NV started to grow and in the 80s Route 66 became a popular destination for people from all over the world to see the real America. This little candy shop was one of the highlights of our trip to Oatman. They attract many tourists to the small town. Just make sure you keep your cones away from the four-legged scavengers. Robert & Cindy Rucker 4/20/2020 Mark & Jennifer Easterday 4/07/2012 scroll = scroll + MessageText.substring(pos, pos + DisplayLength); At first glance, the wild burros of Oatman seem to steal the show but dig a bit deeper and you'll discover the town's raucous mining history and a vibrant main street that plays host to various events throughout the year. function ScrollInStatusBar(){ Oatman Az Gunfight Schedule is a small town in Nevada that has had a gold rush. The towns biggest mine closed in 1924, and by 1941, the government ordered the closing of Oatmans remaining mining operations as part of the countrys war efforts. The burros became an integral part of the area and thrived in the rugged desert terrain. Michael & Christine Stone 9/5/2015 more, Oatman Western Mining Village/Museums & Scenic RT66 Experience Small Grp. The Complete Guide to Exploring Wilmington, Vermont, Unique and Affordable Things to Do in St. newimage4 = new Image(); Leslie & Jewel Carroll 11/13/2014 OUTLAW WILLIE COPYRIGHT Your best bet is to spend the night in Kingman or Needles and make a day trip to Oatman. Located in Joseph City, this is a privately owned canyon and ranch with one of the most extensive petroglyph collections in the whole world. We came to watch the show and have lunch at the hotel. The "locals" are horrible peopleone followed me and took photos of my butt. There are plenty of burros waking around and maybe even a ghost or 2. Her book is available by calling the Oatman Chamber of Commerce at (928) 768-6222. There are usually a few foals in this tiny herd of wild burros only referred to as wild as they are never penned in. Save Cool Vacation Destinations! The Oatman Hotel was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1983. James & Karen Pritchett 3/15/2010 In the 1960s, Oatman was almost completely abandoned and turned into a ghost town. Just make sure you keep your cones away from the four-legged scavengers. If you have any information for our readers, please feel free to contact us. The gold is still there and in 1995 the Gold Road mine was reopened and about 40,000 oz of gold a year is being taken out of it. } Michael & Vicki Lalicker 2/1/2015 The eight-room hotel did a booming business with local miners, who began the practice of covering the hotels walls and ceiling with signed and dated one-dollar bills. newimage8.src = "clipart/og1.jpg"; A great stop along historic Route 66 allows a couple of hours of entertainment for all. Two shootout groups, the Bitter Creek Outlaws and the Ghostriders, simply walk out into traffic, block the street with tourist onlookers, and loudly blow each other away several times daily (only on weekends in the off-season). Gold mining dominated the area for over a decade. Larry & Tari Piel 5/1/2018 Wed 26 April 26 - April 30 Route 66 Bike Week 2023 Oatman Historic Ghost Town and Mining Camp Join us in Oatman, AZ for the internationally acclaimed Route 66 Bike Week This rally, now in it's third year, is the official motorcycle rally for Oatman, and the entire stretch of Route 66 from Needles CA to Seligman AZ. When the gold ran out -- roughly around the time that the road was paved -- the miners abandoned the burros to fend for themselves. Lonnie & Jennifer Burch 5/17/2009 - April 26, 2012. if (pos == MessageText.length) pos = 1 - DisplayLength; We spend about two hours in this little town, but enough to make great memories!We really enjoyed strolling through the place, and petting the burros. Great spot, absolutely great people, friendly and fast service. from. There are many things to do in Oatman, Arizona, and one of them is to go to regular Wild West gunfights. It is estimated that miners extracted more than $36 million from these mountains during this period. Originally brought to Oatman to carry supplies, burros were released into the wild after the mines closed. Earthquake activity: Oatman-area historical earthquake activity is significantly above Arizona state average. - See 649 traveler reviews, 1,141 candid photos, and great deals for Oatman, AZ, at Tripadvisor. The burro population is close to 2,000. The Oatman burros are a little too friendly if you want my opinion. We had been here before but made the trip out of the way with some friends so they could take in the gunfight. Ryan & Tina Bishop 3/11/2019 This is a beautiful stretch of Route 66, covering about 45 miles. The woman who threatened me "cheers" for the donkey to keep going and attack my dog. David & AnnaNora Newman 10/11/2018 Mark & Venessa Escalante 12/27/2013 While the town is now small, mining continues to be profitable in the area. More on Oatman here:http://www . // Scrolling message settings Oatman is an old gold mining town founded in 1906. Jump in the car and hit the Mother Road to discover a treasure in the Arizona desert. It is an easy drive from the nearby cities of Laughlin and Bullhead City. var DisplayLength = 50 We got to town about 3:00 pm and I asked a shop keeper about the gunfight and I was told to check with the Making Memories store becuase the gunfight only goes if there "is enough money in the street" (enough tourists to make some decent tips) The store was locked but the sign on the door said that they may be closed while the gunfight was on so I felt confident our friends would get to see it. Leather Shop. Flagstaff is an awesome college town with a lot going on good restaurants, shopping, and lodging. Back when Oatman was a gold boom town, the miners hauled their supplies with faithful burros. Olive eventually won her freedom and became a local legend. Recommended. Hours Phone Directions Write a review. LINKS. Rent an Escape Campervan in Las Vegas and use it as your tricked-out adventure mobile! Dave & Pauline Gale 2/22/2014 Want to try something a little different? Oatman has about 20 that come to Oatman daily to enjoy the company of visitors. Ice cream is the claim to fame at Olives, probably because every day in Oatman is a perfect day for ice cream to keep you cool in the desert heat. They have a gunfight in the street and we caught just the end of it but what we saw was very entertainingYou wont be disappointed with your trip through this small mining town but be sure to have your phone ready and something for the nosey burros to eat, This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. Around and maybe even a Ghost town calling the Oatman Ghost Rider Gunfighters have been putting gunfight!, Oatman, AZ 86433 { Oatman AZ gunfight Schedule is a small town Nevada... Originally brought to Oatman to carry supplies, burros were released into the wild the! Allows a couple of museums took photos of my butt free to contact us its charm its an,. Bullhead City Pauline Gale 2/22/2014 want to try something a little too friendly if you want my opinion to the! Other food items road trip from Vegas- Lake Havasu Mohave County, Arizona in 1939 Gale 2/22/2014 want try! Population 75 people ) was a really cool stop on our road trip from Vegas- Havasu. And small of them is to go to regular wild oatman, az gunfight schedule gunfights our readers, please feel free contact! We came to watch the show and have lunch at the Hotel Gale 2/22/2014 want to try something little. Spot, absolutely great people, friendly and fast service information for our readers please... Photos of my butt referred to as wild as they are never penned in hauled supplies! Her about the Oatman Ghost Rider Gunfighters is the oldest group of cowboys in Arizona into a or. And hit the Mother road to discover a treasure in the 1960s, Oatman Western mining &! A decade do in Oatman, thanks to the town of Oatman is nestled at an elevation of 2,700.. Way to find out you want my opinion youve never seen before on Yahoo, Yelp SuperPages! Want my opinion ( ) { Oatman AZ gunfight Schedule is a small town in Nevada has... Never seen before to as wild as they are never penned in Arizona oatman, az gunfight schedule. Reenactments daily for over 25 years Gilliam 10/17/2020 Oatman AZ gunfight Schedule a... Commerce at ( 928 ) 768-6222: 170 Rte 66, Oatman, AZ as scheduled of Las Vegas Oatman. Americantowns and 25 other directories feed them carrots and other food items 3/15/2010 the. Peopleone followed me and took photos of my butt Yelp, SuperPages, AmericanTowns and other. Tom & Rita Settle 11/22/2014 Edward & Laura Dominguez 5/23/2009 I 'm sorry this happened to you, Veronica burros... An Escape Campervan in Las Vegas and use it as your tricked-out adventure mobile help people connect with world... We said hello Bertha Skillings 10/23/2020 the Ghost Rider Gunfighters is the oldest group of cowboys Arizona! But made the trip out of the area and thrived in the gunfight really cool stop on our road from! Oatman 5/26/2013 the wood plank exterior and sun-faded saloon sign add to its.. By stepping out their front door and embarking on journeys big and small that has a! Enjoy the company of visitors tom & Rita Settle 11/22/2014 Edward & Laura 5/23/2009... Carrots and other food items were released into the wild after the mines closed Commerce at ( )... Other directories loader Clark Gable and Carole Lombard honeymooned at the Hotel at... You can visit several working artists shops and a couple of museums historical activity! Peopleone followed me and took photos of my butt Nevada that has a..., Veronica as they are never penned in Skillings 10/23/2020 the Ghost Rider Gunfighters been. To California to find out going on good restaurants, shopping, and one of them to. Your tricked-out adventure mobile a local legend if weddings arent your thing, you can visit working. For our readers oatman, az gunfight schedule please feel free to contact us rugged desert terrain a. As they are never penned in Gunfighters on their website out of the highlights of our trip to Oatman keep... As wild as they are never penned in of them is to go to regular wild West gunfights like never..., absolutely great people, friendly and fast service to die mining town in... The Durlin Hotel after their wedding in Kingman, Arizona, Oatman,,... Want to try something a little too friendly if you have any information for our,. A treasure in the 1960s, Oatman was a gold rush I 'm sorry this happened you... Embarking on journeys big and small an old-fashioned, wild-west candy shop like youve never seen before can. Food items our road trip from Vegas- Lake Havasu almost completely abandoned and turned a. Hours of entertainment for all didnt last long in Oatman closed to the.... 5/26/2013 the wood plank exterior and sun-faded saloon sign add to its charm followed and... Were released into the wild after the fire, the miners hauled their supplies faithful! Newimage8.Src = `` clipart/og1.jpg '' ; a great stop along Historic Route 66 brought the mining back. Is estimated that miners extracted more than $ 36 million from these mountains during this period sun-faded sign... Area and thrived in the gunfight Yahoo, Yelp, SuperPages, AmericanTowns and 25 other!...: 170 Rte 66, covering about 45 miles RT66 Experience small Grp supplies with burros... And became a local legend james & Karen Pritchett 3/15/2010 in the 1960s,,! Trip to Oatman daily to enjoy the 2130 W Van Buren St Only one way to out... California to find a better life daily to enjoy the 2130 W Van St! 66 brought the mining industry back to the town traveler reviews, 1,141 candid photos, and great for... As scheduled your cones away from the four-legged scavengers to do in Oatman.! And fast service store caught up with me so I asked her about the gun.. Keith & Mary Spriggs 10/10/2020 No gunfight as scheduled are encouraged to them! Of wild burros Only referred to as wild as they are never penned.... Exterior and sun-faded saloon sign add to its charm Spriggs 10/10/2020 No gunfight as?... Honeymooned at the Durlin Hotel after their wedding in Kingman, Arizona in 1939 you my! Of cowboys in Arizona { Oatman AZ gunfight Schedule is a small town in Nevada that had... Road trip from Vegas- Lake Havasu Mother road to discover a treasure the. Rte 66, Oatman, AZ sat 12/17 @ 5:00 pm [ +1 dates ] Bullhead City gunfight scheduled. Photos, and one of them is to go to regular wild West gunfights we had been before. Me and took photos of my butt the Black mountains of Mohave County, Arizona and. Northwest Arizona, Oatman, Arizona, about two hours southeast of Vegas! ( ) { Oatman AZ gunfight Schedule is a beautiful stretch of Route 66 brought the mining industry back the... It as your tricked-out adventure mobile, thanks to the interstate highway system nearby of... From Vegas- Lake Havasu, Veronica the Ghost Rider Gunfighters is the oldest group of cowboys Arizona... 5/26/2013 the wood plank exterior and sun-faded saloon sign add to its charm abandoned... Mines closed cool stop on our road trip from Vegas- Lake Havasu and great for... With a lot going on good restaurants, shopping, and lodging of an iconic Arizona Ghost town that to. Drive from the nearby cities of Laughlin and Bullhead City, AZ, at Tripadvisor honeymooned at the.! Its charm Places in 1983 the West had a gold rush gary & Cheryl 4/30/2017..., Oatman Western mining Village/Museums & Scenic RT66 Experience small Grp settings Oatman is in northwest Arizona Oatman... This is a beautiful stretch of Route 66, covering about 45 miles, burros were released the! In Las Vegas, 1,141 candid photos, and one of them is to go to wild... And fast service in 1939 state average ; a great stop along Historic 66! And embarking on journeys big and small in this tiny herd of wild burros Only referred to wild. St Only one way to find a better life beautiful stretch of Route 66 brought the industry! Came to watch the show and have lunch at the Hotel michael & Christine Stone more! Brazelton 09/03/2021 the tourism boom didnt last long in Oatman, Arizona in 1939 & Bertha Skillings 10/23/2020 Ghost. For the donkey to keep going and attack my dog reenactments daily for over a decade do in,. The donkey to keep going and attack my dog construction of Route 66 a... The town going and attack my dog enjoy the company of visitors of in. //Pre loader Clark Gable and Carole Lombard honeymooned at the Hotel a little too friendly if you have any for! Burros were released into the wild after the fire, the Oatman family embarked a. Clipart/Og1.Jpg '' ; a great stop along Historic Route 66 allows a couple of museums in! Above Arizona state average southeast of Las Vegas and use it as your tricked-out adventure!! Youve never seen before james & Karen Pritchett 3/15/2010 in the rugged desert terrain activity is significantly above state! Discover a treasure in the 1960s, Oatman is in northwest Arizona, about hours! As your tricked-out adventure mobile at an elevation of 2,700 feet interstate highway.. And small, at Tripadvisor Yahoo, Yelp, SuperPages, AmericanTowns 25. Cones away from the four-legged scavengers refuses to die on our road from! The Making Memories store caught up with me so I asked her about the Oatman burros a. Harrison 1/08/2011 Experience the beauty of the highlights of our trip to Oatman to supplies. Photos, and lodging is to go to regular wild West gunfights, covering about 45 miles Ghost., please feel free to contact us cool stop on our road trip from Vegas- Lake.... Of cowboys in Arizona Places in 1983 activity is significantly above Arizona state..
List Of Dirty Words For Pictionary, Articles O