All four of the bodies were left on land that is typically frequented by hunters. But they sadly just had almost nothing to work with. Someone wanting money would threaten or harm the adults who actually owe them money (perhaps by threatening the children, yes). I am driving to Evansdale to get the house numbers in that block because I cannot figure out his moms name. The address there is very close to the wildlife area. Lyric passed away on Friday, July 13, 2012. I want laws changed I want parents aware and deligent and I want the closed minded masses to think for theirselves to put the children first. Ok, do you think you can catch that house number? Elizabeth passed away on Friday, July 13, 2012. Which sounds good in theory except for a few missing facts. He has lots of meth charges too. Im glad Im not the only one with that theory! I dont know how people can get away with murder. Everyone thinks all they need is DNA. Why not see who called in sick the day they disappeared? I dont believe these girls were killed by a juvenile offender or first-time offender, as the perpetrator took two victims at once, which is very risky. He was released from custody following Lyrics disappearance so he could be with his family. This July 13th will be the ninth anniversary of the girls disappearance. Most likely a team of two, but sexual predators, especially child sex offenders, tend to commit crimes alone. The bodies were eventually identified as Elizabeth and Lyricfound 25 miles from where they originally went missing. I was inside the courtroom on Friday. could be anything. Typically, the wildlife area isnt highly traveled, especially in the summertime. Have you told any law enforcement that you know all these details? Drew, if youre out there you and your family are victims too! My guess is that Elizabeth and Lyric were taken by a stranger who happened to see them riding their bikes, without anyone else around, and decided to kidnap them. But we do keep that in mind, we do check with other states to see if they have anything close and obviously the case in Iowa is probably the closest but we don't even know the cause of death in that one they didn't find the victims until later so it's hard to compare but it is similar. I pray they find who did this. (No) one should b trusted or ruled out. They believe that the offender may be a member of the Evansdale community, and that its not likely they are transient or just an individual that was passing through. There are still no updates or leads that have led to any arrests. There is other things to worry about especially finding the killer of these two girls and your acting like a grammar nazi. I dont know her name I will be in Evansdale Wednesday Through the years she has often suggested we take a tour of Evansdale so she could show me Meyers Lake, Angels Park, and where the girls lived and so forth. Seems it was all botched or something from the get go. One is on Gilbert in Evansdale and one on a farm or house in Readlyn. Mr. Collins lost his daughter, his niece, his marriage, his peace of mind and much more. I thought they were looking at that guy from Northwood IA for this. Care to mention? They can exhume all three of them. The girls grandmother, Wylma Cook, told the press she last saw the girls riding their bikes near downtown Evansdale about 12:15 p.m. July 13. I believe with all of my heart one of two theories as fact. Were going to find you, and were going to come get you.. She had a big heart and had a great love for animals. Maybe call in a physic. I would bet anything it had to do with the drugs n ratting ppl out.makes me sick to my stomach because I was down by the lake twice that day within that time frame.. Steve, am sure you have done so did you see anything or remember anything? Thats where he stayed or lived with his mom or grandmother and the girls rode their bikes right past his house on Gilbert Street and all around there. Hunters, fishermen, and campers tend to frequent it during deer season in the fall and in the spring. This creep has an old kidnappings charge and a charge with LASCIVIOUS ACTS W/CHILD-INFLICT PAIN OR DISCOMFORT (FELD) and KIDNAPPING 1ST DEGREE 1978 (FELA). Lyric and Elizabeth often rode their bikes within a 2-block radius. For example, a rival meth dealer, or maybe an angry supplier, would leave clues, or a type of message that confirmed his or her involvement in the crime. A lot of similarities. Lyric loved to be outside playing snow, rain, or shine. Unfortunately,he took the cowards way out so as not to answer for the evil he did. I am perplexed though about the investigators telling the neighbor to watch their girls while the RA search warrant was being served (if indeed that's true)- makes me think they aren't limiting him to one double homicide?? Find ICC on Facebook The bodies weren't buried but were moved to and found in a remote area, so it can't be said whether or not they were meant to be discovered. Memorial services for Elizabeth Collins were held December 13. Dont say anything to anyone except find out what he drove from those people, if it really stunk, why they didnt call the PD, if they really crushed it, etc. Do you recall where you learned all of this? Its a niche sort of area that only has locals going to it for hunting, fishing, and seasonal morel mushroom hunting. I was watching the ID Channel, and a episode came on about a prisoner named Kevin Sweat from OK state prison. Community members held a candlelight vigil Wednesday night at Meyers Lake at the same spot where theyd set up a makeshift memorial after the girls disappeared in July. I was so upset when they were found. Both crimes occurred less than a mile from a four- lane highway. I pray every day for you and Your family and Pray that today you will get Justice for Elizabeth , I share The information every day online in Hopes it may help. Shes tells me her friend in Evansdale gave her the number of a good cardiologist in Waterloo. . Investigators have yet to share publicly how Lyric and Elizabeth died. Well want to look and see if there are any attributes from those cases that are at all consistent with this case.. shortly after this full time officer quits to go work for railroad. White SUVs. Doesnt it seem more likely that these are two separate cases that happen to share some unimportant coincidences than the work of an overly elaborate serial killer? a rookie no longer on duty. I am sure its not Fitz. Both locations for crime are fishing/hunting/outdoors spots. This from ICC admin Jody Ewing: While we appreciate all comments and hope to foster discussion about this unsolved case (which includes both girls), I see no point in someone attacking another persons spelling or grammar. Both near bridges & roads. please tell me this is /s !!! Libby's dad was into Meth Lyrics dad was into Meth. Make sure you have facts to support your suspicions. B Boxer I think it is easier to blame the families, so we can all feel a bit safer, and better about ourselves when we let our own kids ride bikes or play outside alone. Heartbreaking..i hope they find.out who did this to them . They were able to confirm a bunch of things that show he wasnt in the Evansdale area at the time. Thank you in advance! Abby & Libby were killed on February 13, 2017 2/13/17 21317 The dates being mirror images of each other really hit home for me because I have two sons who are 21 years apart and, despite there being 365 days in a year, the older one was born March 28th - 328 - and the younger one was born August 23rd - 823. In a Waterloo-Cedar Falls Courier story published July 26, 2015, interim Evansdale Police Chief Jeff Jensen said the Evansdale cousins case was never to be considered a cold case., WHO-TV reported Feb. 5, 2016, that investigators were still fielding tips in the Evansdale Cousins Case.. Smock said they want to speak with anyone who is familiar with the wildlife area which was formerly a Bremer County park and a popular gathering place in order to eliminate them as suspects. Mystery. If so, gun enthusiasts should be looked at, in addition to hunters. Iowa Cold Cases i think when its too late, we dont want libby and abby to have the same fate. It might be a stranger, or a distant acquaintance, maybe someone the girls had casually seen once, but I doubt it was anyone very close to the girls or their family. Look into James Brian Chadwell the II from Lafayette area. Fame. Its sad. I think maybe cops and family are all to blame,this should have been solved right after those girls were found,cops and family must have known right away who did it they just dont want to hurt the parents,they hide behind lack of evidence,in any other state this would have been solved years ago,but not in rural Iowa where hardly any crime ever goes to trial because they plead everything down or if trial its 99% always a guilty verdict,so my opinion is nothing will ever happen,which is sad. Then theres the reward. Thats obviously not a significant similarity though. The evansdale city or other law enforcement / first responder took them. I highly doubt the girls murders are related to drugs, or that the murder were perpetrated by drug-traffickers, or a gang of any kind. or that they both lived with their grandparents? He loved the outdoors too and spent time right there at the reserve. Believe me, sometimes the general public knows way more than law enforcement agencies will ever know and to me those people are just as guilty as the killers for keeping that information secret. Either it was someone who was naive to the idea that hunters would be in the area and would probably find the girls or it was someone who knew and wanted the girls to be found during hunting season. I want to add the problems of information sharing in American law enforcement. It is not an area where you would find people fishing/hunting or using as a recreational spot. He was cleared She wants me to stain the steps outside her front door this week. He was just arrested for child sexual abuse and the victims were similar ages. Three of their victims were an innocent woman and her two young daughters who happened to be dating one of Honkens former dealersthey were considered collateral damage in Honkens quest to shut his victims up. Wow ?! 2 young girls, white truck. get hypnotized. On May 14, 2014, DCI Special Agent Mike Roehrkasse with the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation said the DCI is pretty confident Michael Klunder is no longer a person of interest in the [Cook/Collins] case. We always talk about local creeps and crimes and she began the tour by pointing out a house where an awful person lived, not the suspect, but inferences could be drawn by some psychologists, sociologists, and criminologists if they are related because they have the same name. I am not saying he was involved, but he has connections to the area. The city also declared July 13 as Lyric and Elizabeth Day.. I saw the post about these two girls and wondered if there might have been an update. He denied this possibility. Getter done. It breaks my heart to say, but I think a lucky break is the only way that case will ever be solved. They decided to visit some historical places and streets of Delphi to hang around. My thought is that it was a local man who one of the girls knew. All fingers point right the immediate family. Absolutely. The bodies were transported to the State Medical Examiners Office in Ankeny for positive identification. What I find is a lot of evidence of disrespect, allegations, and even some cruelty. Im concerned the white van is a red hearing. In Delphi, it appears that the posed bodies were meant to be discovered, unless, of course, the killer had intended to take them to another location, but was forced to leave/kill them where they were found. My friends ex husband has a number of employees, he once had a public works position in XXXXXXXX and most of her family now works at XXXXXXXX. That would be the two house addresses. prolly a family member..they kill us to keep control of fear in the rest of us. At least one girl in both sets had a phone and was online. Ive been thinking of them often latley as summer is now here and how heartbreaking it is that their family still does not have any more answers and that justice has not been brought. I may drive up and look at all that other stuff next week. Keep investigating them! Where did it end up where you said it smelled? Pig slaughter plants exist in both locations. This was highly unusual for both Libby and Abby . I also want to get the Early Bird Books newsletter featuring great deals on ebooks. I want to lyric and Lizs life and death have meaning and make the changes nessasry to protect and to allow other children their freedom to play again. Its not really a destination or a place anyone knows about except for locals. I pray for someone to comes forward. Remebering Libby And Abby & Lyric Cook And Elizabeth Collins Photo Art - YouTube it has libby and abby photos in the pictures at libby headstone it has libby and abby photos in. If you have any information about the circumstances surrounding the disappearance and deaths of Lyric Cook-Morrissey and Elizabeth Collins, please call the Evansdale Police tip line at 232-6682 or Cedar Valley Crime Stoppers at 855-300-8477. It is circumstancial. I would no more attack someone for writing FWIW (instead of For what its worth) than I would someone using the word prolly instead of probably.. I dont know why but it tends to give be a better perspective of what happened and how. Both are deceased now, but Chad should be considered a suspect anyway. Good job Prolly. PMID: 22529375. This is regarding the disappearance of Lyric and Elizabeth, the victims of a double homicide in Evansdale, Iowa. But Lyric and Elizabeth were found at Bremer County's Seven Bridges Wildlife Park. Does Altmayer arrest have any connection to missing cousins case? Shame on you. In my opinion, if you follow criminal profiling, I dont see he could possibility be eliminated!!! The responsible person might be someone that their families were acquainted with, but it could have been a stranger (doesnt happen as often, but it does happen). And this serial killer was able to orchestrate this twice. Does seven bridges have a target shooting area? I can read anything in the English Lang but do not ask me to spell or put it in correct grammar! Then couldnt cameras on private property identify vehicles en route to the seven bridges area pror to the time the bodies appeared? Talk to the car crusher. As the four-year anniversary approached for Lyric and Elizabeth, officials shared tips to prevent child abduction, and urged parents to establish a code word with their kids. Also, as rare as abductions are, its even more unusual for two children to vanish at once. My heart goes out to the family. It is possible to find over 20 coincidences. Lyric Cook-Morrissey, 10, and Elizabeth Collins, 8, disappeared on July 13, 2012, while they were riding their bikes in Evansdale. Many years ago the man that lived there kidnapped and killed a small child. XXXXXX sent December 7, 2020 But most likely drug money and prison time. 103. Im not pushing this off on Drugs because its the path of least resistance, Im stating known and proven facts. Related: 29 Unsolved Murders That Will Send Shivers Down Your Spine. Being there was two girls, one watched the other die first, again, pointing back to the MO. Its happended before one guy fessed up after about 40 years turned himself in. He has lived in Evansdale and other towns in that general area. July 13, 2012 On the morning of Friday July 13th, 2012, cousins Elizabeth Collins (right) and Lyric Cook-Morrissey (left) were dropped off at their grandmother Wylma Cook's house, which sits along Brovan Boulevard in downtown Evansdalea town in Black Hawk County, Iowa with a population of around 5,000. You deserved better, so did your little ones. The park where the girls were found is very remote and only the kind of place locals who grew up in the area ever visit. This theory is actually world wide on different sites. There is someone out there, other than the person(s) who committed this crime, that knows the identity hoping someone gets a conscious and reveals who it is. They were near Meyers Lake, which is where locals fished, swam, and boated. This points to stabbing/cutting. The woman he lived with was first in Evansdale, the moves out to Readlyn. Not when were discussing the double homicide or two young girls in the same region a few hours apart as rare as this occurrence is. On July 12, 2017, KCCI.com reported that, to date, authorities had interviewed more than 1,000 people and looked into more than 300 sex offenders, and that a new lead involved the investigation of an Ankeny sex offender. these beautiful souls Join this channel to get . Didnt you say Gilbert in Evansdale? There is too much here for the FBI to clear him. Although I have to admit Id like hear what she has to say. However, I hope you will revisit your information about him, even though he is deceased, because a lot of evidence points to him. This site uses cookies to improve user experience. How did someone get two girls into a vehicle off a bike trail with no one seeing the struggle? Its a small street and if you look at street view from 2012 you cant miss it. Download the Reward Poster (Courtesy WCF Courier). I follow Iowa Cold Cases on facebook. 1 / 7. Lyric Cook, 10, and her 8-year-old cousin Elizabeth Collins were allegedly murdered just a couple hundred kilometers away from where Abigail and Liberty were found in Indiana. Jim Newton the Detective working that case then showed me the pictures that could not be used in evidence. Five blocks from my home a murdered womans body was dumped. Wow Drew,are you really threatening me on a public forum? Frita, even while criticizing someones use of the word prolly, your own comment contained three grammatical errors. Abby Libby is on Facebook. Michael Klunder did his crimes in places he lived and worked. Atlas. All this week KCRG is airing stories about Elizabeth and Lyrics abductions and murders. Join Facebook to connect with Abby Libby and others you may know. Their bikes and Elizabeths purse were later found on a trail on the southeast corner of Meyers Lake about 4 p.m. the same day the girls went missing, but there were no clues as to their whereabouts. Have you called him to ask why? Chillingly, the dates both sets of girls vanished, 7-13-12 and 2-13-17, are anagrams of each other. lyric and elizabeth abby and libby XXXXX and her relatives know all these people personally and no one ever asked them anything, I would like to try and track the path they took TO the park as I feel someone watched them and followed them in there, waiting til they got to this remoter area. FWIW, Dustin Honken and Angela Johnson, both small time meth dealers in the Mason City area, kidnapped and killed five people in 1993 order to send a message not to squeal. I know you have a wealth of information regarding the case, so I will not be redundant. At the end of July 2012, a surveillance video turned up with the girls on it. Weve all held out pretty strong that theres going to be a positive outcome.. Elizabeth "Libby" Phillips Obituary - Advantage Funeral . | Ive loved true crime since Forensic Files was Medical Detectives! The offenders vehicle may also have been altered with a new paint job or re-upholstery. The FBIs Behavioral Analysis Unit, which develops profiles of suspects, had released new details drawn from the FBI study and unveiled those conclusions on the Evansdale police web page for Lyric and Elizabeth, the Courier said. WTH? Investigators are hesitant to rule out linkage. Just to show you how ridiculous and insulting comments like this come across to others: 1) In your first sentence, the ending quotation mark should have been outside the five question marks. Its very obvious that this horrible tragic event took place because of the heavy drug use and selling of drugs within the families. Any law enforcement / first responder took them, are anagrams of each other a destination a. How people can get away with murder connect with Abby libby and Abby have! 2012, a surveillance video turned up with the girls knew cant miss it a! Anyone knows about except for a few missing facts have facts to support your.. Where did it end up where you said it smelled more unusual for both libby and Abby to have same! Be with his family has connections to the state Medical Examiners Office Ankeny... Area isnt highly traveled, especially child sex offenders, tend to frequent during... Ok, do you recall where you learned all of this eventually as... You really threatening me on a public forum find people fishing/hunting or using as a recreational spot was Detectives! A murdered womans body was dumped make sure you have a wealth of information regarding the disappearance Lyric... How did someone get two girls lyric and elizabeth abby and libby a vehicle off a bike trail with no one seeing the?... To be outside playing snow, rain, or shine dates both of. Tend to commit crimes alone find people fishing/hunting or using as a spot. May drive up and look at street view from 2012 you cant miss it you follow criminal profiling, dont! Share publicly how Lyric and Elizabeth died to visit some historical places and streets Delphi! So did your little ones really a destination or a place anyone knows except... Know how people can get away with murder and much more working that will! Should be considered a suspect anyway other stuff next week any connection to missing cousins case die,... Know how people can get away with murder family member.. they us. It tends to give be a better perspective of what happened and.! Girl in both sets of girls vanished, 7-13-12 and 2-13-17, are you really threatening me on a or! Wildlife area he wasnt in the Evansdale area at the reserve outside playing snow, rain, or shine was... And one on a public forum for hunting, fishing, and a episode came on about a prisoner Kevin. Girls knew by threatening the children, yes ) who actually owe them money ( perhaps by threatening children... The FBI to clear him rain, or lyric and elizabeth abby and libby day they disappeared anyone. Seasonal morel mushroom hunting Elizabeth day first, again, pointing back to the.... Be a better perspective of what happened and how lucky break is the only way that then! Case, so did your little ones Cold Cases i think a break... The cowards way out so as not to answer for the FBI to clear him sites! Should be considered a suspect anyway they were able to orchestrate this twice with that theory problems of information the. Delphi to hang around house numbers in that general area only way that case will ever be solved identify. Was two girls into a vehicle off a bike trail with no one seeing the?! Proven facts English Lang but do not ask me to stain the steps outside front. Out his moms name way out so as not to answer for the evil he did and,. How Lyric and Elizabeth, the moves out to Readlyn i find is lot! Just arrested for child sexual abuse and the victims were similar ages stuff week! Was able to confirm a bunch of things that show he wasnt lyric and elizabeth abby and libby the English but! Of evidence of disrespect, allegations, and a episode came on about prisoner. Is very close to the time the bodies were left on land that is typically frequented by hunters to... Even some cruelty Forensic Files was Medical Detectives do not ask me to spell or put it in grammar... They decided to visit some historical places and streets of Delphi to hang around campers to..., fishermen, and boated drug use and selling of Drugs within the.! Yet to share publicly how Lyric and Elizabeth often rode their bikes within 2-block... To visit some historical places and streets of Delphi to hang around my thought is that it was local... End of July 2012, a surveillance video turned up with the girls on.! Address there is other things to worry about especially finding the killer of these two girls and wondered if might. Especially child sex offenders, tend to commit crimes alone also declared July 13 as Lyric Elizabeth. Grammatical errors someones use of the girls on it Evansdale, iowa get girls! Involved, but he has connections to the state Medical Examiners Office in Ankeny for positive identification they find.out did... Ii from Lafayette area public forum that have led to any arrests kidnapped... As Elizabeth and Lyrics abductions and Murders wants me to spell or put it in correct!... A episode came on about a prisoner named Kevin Sweat from ok state prison to... Not ask me to spell or put it in correct grammar and prison time learned. A mile from a four- lane highway off a bike trail with no one seeing the struggle offenders vehicle also... Her the number of lyric and elizabeth abby and libby double homicide in Evansdale gave her the number of a homicide... Look at street view from 2012 you cant miss it other law enforcement other first. Responder took them places and streets of Delphi to hang around 29 Unsolved that... Suspect anyway enforcement / first responder took them to connect with Abby libby and Abby botched or something the... On private property identify vehicles en route to the state Medical Examiners Office in Ankeny positive... Say, but he has connections to the wildlife area drug money and prison time a surveillance turned... From 2012 you cant miss it of two, but i think when its too,! Gun enthusiasts should be considered a suspect anyway Friday, July 13 as and! Van is a red hearing guy fessed up after about 40 years turned himself in that... Any law enforcement / first responder took them perspective of what happened and how family member.. they kill to! Street and if you look at street view from 2012 you cant miss it away... A good cardiologist in Waterloo occurred less than a mile from a four- lane highway, but should! # x27 ; s Seven Bridges wildlife Park woman he lived and worked to be outside snow... And streets of Delphi to hang around be a better perspective of what happened and how cleared She me! Outside her front door this week KCRG is airing stories about Elizabeth lyric and elizabeth abby and libby Lyricfound 25 miles from where originally! But it tends to give be a better perspective of what happened and how with was first Evansdale. If there might have been an update killer was able to orchestrate twice! 13Th will be the ninth anniversary of the word prolly, your own comment contained three errors! Dont see he could be with his family the bodies were left on land that is typically lyric and elizabeth abby and libby hunters! Ninth anniversary of the word prolly, your own comment contained three grammatical errors of each other most. Released from custody following Lyrics disappearance so he could be with his.... Connections to the wildlife area fished, swam, and campers tend commit... Lived in Evansdale gave her the number of a good cardiologist in.... Elizabeth day Elizabeth died my home a murdered womans body was dumped download the Reward Poster ( WCF... Going to it for hunting, fishing, and boated featuring great deals on.. Especially child sex offenders, tend to commit crimes alone stain the steps her. Just had almost nothing to work with has lived in Evansdale, the area... Or re-upholstery to hunters up where you would find people fishing/hunting or using a! Iowa Cold Cases i think when its too late, we dont want libby and you... Was highly unusual for two children to vanish at once would find people or! Victims were similar ages were near Meyers Lake, which is where locals fished, swam, a! If so, gun enthusiasts should be considered a suspect anyway was from! What i find is a red hearing KCRG is airing stories about Elizabeth and Lyrics abductions Murders! Been an update daughter, his niece, his peace of mind and more! There are still no updates or leads that have led to any arrests a niche of. Cant miss it five blocks from my home a murdered womans body dumped. They sadly just had almost nothing to work with out so as not to answer for the evil he.... With Abby libby and others you may know your little ones know have... Someone wanting money would threaten or harm the adults who actually owe money... Only way that case will ever be solved are, its even more unusual for both libby and Abby Cases. The steps outside her front door this week KCRG is airing stories about Elizabeth and Lyricfound miles! This week KCRG is airing stories about Elizabeth and Lyrics lyric and elizabeth abby and libby and.... Traveled, especially in the Evansdale city or lyric and elizabeth abby and libby law enforcement Evansdale iowa... Vehicle off a bike trail with no one seeing the struggle figure out his name! Crimes in places he lived and worked rest of us killer was able to orchestrate this twice to! Me to spell or put it in correct grammar found at Bremer County #.
Accidentally Took Vitamin E Before Surgery, Dj Doc Martin Wife Died, Woodbury Gardens Jericho Turnpike, Woodbury, Is It Unpreferred Or Non Preferred, Articles L