cemeteries found in Paoli, Garvin County, Oklahoma, USA will be saved to your photo volunteer list. Weatherfords on their very last appearance at the Grand Ole Gospel Reunion. He moved from Suisun City CA to Nashville in 2008. Billy Brisindine-Lead Album Credit Listen To The Smooth Weatherfords. Would you like to receive our daily headlines? Went on to become a founding member of the Imperials. His testimony was given every night at the concerts and was touching. And he lives with his wife Faye in Brooksville Florida.Dallas Holm-Lead BaritoneDallas was a member of the group for a very short time. For nearly two hours, there was laughter, tears,excitement, stories of his life, great singing, and praising God, in avery worshipful atmosphere just as I believe Glen Payne would havewanted, and at the end, there was an altar call. Lily left the group to spend more time with a new son. I wrote some of them for Earl and Lily Fern. [citation needed] They also worked in collaboration with evangelist Rex Humbard between 1953 and 1963. He was always fun to be around.Kelley Looper-lead baritone 2 time memberKelley was a member of the group and was on the Spirit Of The West album, His sweet style of singing and demeanor made him a true southern gentleman. Earl favorite line was when he said he waded in water all the way up to his ankles. He came from the North Carolina area and sang with the Harvesters for many years. Are you adding a grave photo that will fulfill this request? There are no volunteers for this cemetery. Some are not as public with their faith as others but these are all actors that have testified to Jesus as their Lord and Savior. English You can contact him through his website at theweatherfords.com. GREAT NEWS! Tracy Dartt-Bass Album Credits The Last Sunday Listen To The Smooth Weatherfords ?? I sang that one. i will be making our annual Florida tour that will last through February as well as one more tour to California and once that is completed at the end of May, I will be retiring. Les Roberson went to The Oak Ridge Quartet. The Hammond Sisters. I still enjoy singing, but my heartbeat is the 160 children I have at the orphanage I helped start in the 80's in Thailand. You are only allowed to leave one flower per day for any given memorial. Sign up for service and obituary updates. [1] She performed with the Weatherfords and retired in June 2013. Let others know about your loved one's death. Eulogies were offeredby Rev. After leaving the group his family toured for a while then he pastored a church in Aubery California for several years before gong back on the road with his family full time. ( listed below ) Currently living in Bright Indiana and singing with her group called " Forgiven. Ben has filled in on several occasions. After leaving the Cathedral, his family went on the road singing Haskell lives with his wife.JoLee in Wichita Kansas, Ken Williams- Lead Album Credits The Last Sunday. then on to work with Phil Cross and Poet Voices where he changed his name from Hofacker to Allen. The group was working on material for an album when Dallas got a letter from the draft board informing him that he was invited to become a participant in the Vietnam War. He was the last regular bass singer that Earl hired. 1-20 of 2,354 While with the group, he painted the black Eagle bus that ended up belonging to Mercy Me. The group's other key members at this time were Glen Payne, Armond Morales, and Henry Slaughter.[1]. The last piano player hired by Earl.last known to be in Bartlesville OK. You need a Find a Grave account to continue. 2023 SCI SHARED RESOURCES, LLC. Signup today! I have sold my home in Paoli, OK and will be moving to Broken Arrow, OK, where my daughter, Susan, and her husband Tim are living. Incredible Irish Kid's Dance Audition on Britai Comedian Explains Why You Dont Argue with The 3 Womens Hilarious Audition That Fooled Simon. Be inspired in your walk with Jesus Christ and grow in your knowledge of the Bible with videos highlighting inspirational messages and verses. Memorial services will be Livestreamed by the Church, call Church Archer for information. Sorry! Bakersfield California.www.regentsquartet.comVideo -INTERVIEW WITH BILLYOne of the Weatherfords most unique singing voices. We are proud of our heritage and want to thank the folks who were a part of it. The Weatherford's list of impressive former members reads like a Who's Who of former and today's great Gospel singers. He had a unique style of playing and a personality that brought people to the stage after the concerts. Worked with Jimmy Swaggart in the 19? Cesar Martinez. Privacy PolicyTerms of UseCalifornia - Do Not Sell My Personal InformationCalifornia - CCPA Notice. Over the past several years, there have been so many changes in the economy and and state of the country that it has become financially unfeasible for me to continue on in the same manner of ministry. He passed away in 1991 in Lakewood California just a few miles from where he had his first concert. It ended up being a part of the Cathedrals publishing group when Haskell joined that group in 19?? e-mail: He had an amazing range and could sell a song. invitation to become an Imperial? Please try again later. He was born in Zaragoza . A Special Message from Lily Fern Weatherford January 12, 2013. He became a full time member on the 4th of July 1976. Born in 25 Nov 1928 and died in unknown Paoli, Oklahoma Lily Fern Goble Weatherford A note regarding this site: This website is the property of Susan Weatherford . In lieu of flowers, the family requests that donations be made in Lillies name to Central EMS, 400 N. 13th Street, West Columbia, Texas. He took up his own offering that day. Joel was a joy. Wrote a song almost every day. Close to 20,000 in attendance. It was also at just such a singing that Earl met the beautiful sixteen year old Lily Fern Goble who would have profound influence on the group's future. Longtime member Raye Roberson got pregnant and also decided to quit traveling. Next would be Armond MoralesGlen Payne- Lead Album Credit In The Garden , Ill Follow Jesus. I alsocount it a privilege to have attended his funeral service and to shareit with you. Your purchase was successful, and you are now logged in. It was Hoppy, Glen, Henry,or Danny, Him, and Armond. The Weatherfords have always depended on the church and free will love offerings to keep us going. It ended up being a part of the Cathedrals publishing group when Haskell joined that group in 19?? several Weatherfords opted for the security of a "regular job" so Earl and Lily had to form a new group. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism Lila was preceded in death by her husband Bob S. Weatherford (m. July 1943), and a son, Alan Weatherford. Steve is planning to continue in some form. Nathen was like plugging Armond back into the sound. Weatherfords 1st Piano Player, Dorothy went on to be in her family group with Vernon. It was said that Bill had to hire 3 people to take his place after he left. Oops, we were unable to send the email. Leave a memory or share a photo or video below to show your support. When the situation finally came to a head, the group was EARL WEATHERFORD, Armond Morales?, Glen Payne, Bobby Clark, and Danny Coker?. She was also active in community volunteer work as a reading tutor, served with Meals on Wheels and Immacolata Manor Thrift Shop, where she continued to volunteer until her most recent hospitalization. George Younce: bass 19? Make sure that the file is a photo. He was instrumental on helping arrange the Standing On Tradition album but left a few weeks before the sessions.Bill Wagner- :Lead To this day every one asks, Where is that real tall singer. If you have questions, please contact [emailprotected]. on the radio. You are watching Lily Fern Weatherford - What a Precious Friend Is He [Live] on Godtube.com the largest video sharing platform offering online Christian videos with faith-based, family friendly content. Now living just north of Nashville TN. and Danny Coker?. Weve updated the security on the site. He got them all together at the alter and showed them the way as a group. According to Lily, "You could almost throw up your and and draw a crowd" such was their hunger for Gospel Music. Joel Caldwell- Lead, baritone Atlanta GA Song writer and guitar. carry on with Kenny Payne?, whose mother was one of the group's original pianists. There is 1 volunteer for this cemetery. During their "Ft Wayne" years, Armond Morales was drafted into the military and George Younce replaced him. Lila worked as a waitress in her early teens, worked Pratt and Whitney in Kansas City producing radar antenna for military airplanes during WWII, and worked in a poultry processing plant. There had to be few dry eyes after this performance, whichwas followed by very long applause.Near the end of the service, Bill Gaither came to the podium,accompanied by Kevin Williams on simple guitar, and sang a new song hehad written for Glen, "Lord Send Your Angels to Watch Over Me," ."wrap me in your sheltering arms," and the audience learned it and sangalong.In his closing remarks, Rev. We will review the memorials and decide if they should be merged. Fuel prices are outrageous as well as other costs of keeping on the road. Success was soon coming as the Lord blessed Rex Humbard?. SHE played with the Weatherfords at the Grand Ole Gospel Reunion in ???? A visitation will be held from 1:30-2:30pm, and memorial services at 3:00pm all on Saturday, June 5th at Liberty United Methodist Church, 1001 Sunset Ave., Liberty, MO 64068. retired. Earl met the beautiful sixteen year old Lily Fern Goble (later Lily Fern Weatherford) who would have profound influence on the his future. One of the Weatherfords most unique singing voices. They promoted gospel music until they disbanded in ??? LaJuana , in her own words, recalls: One of my most vivid memories of my time with the Weatherfords was the week that Earl decided to pay me my whole salary in quarters! Earl Had Lily sing The Ransomed One for him and Gloria and they like it. Are you sure that you want to delete this memorial? You are watching Lily Fern Weatherford - What a Precious Friend Is He [Live] on Godtube.com the largest video sharing platform offering online Christian videos with faith-based, family friendly content. I turned 84 this past November, and have just celebrated my 70th year in full time ministry. Southern Gospel News (SGN Scoops) Coastal Media - All Rights Reserved 2023. James was session player. Radio or Television station ?? January 12, 2013. Tenor singer for the group while in Akron, another founding member of the Cathedrals. It was a beautifulrendition, accompanied only by Lari Goss at the piano. Earl Weatherford was born in Oklahoma. Can be currently seen in concert with Steve Weatherford on select datesEarl Terry- California. Click on Store Link above to order and for more information. David Kenny and his sister ?? You have permission to edit this article. Went on to play piano for the Rambo's. Your account has been registered, and you are now logged in. Not the facts just the delivery. Now living just north of Nashville TN. He went on to be a member of the Kingsmen. Featured Obituary. Called to preach but was used of God for a little over a year. Was doing some solo work after leaving the W's. Ben is one of the finest young men/ performers the Weatherfords have ever had and consider it an honor to have presented him on stage as one of the teamRoy Pauley- Album Credits Spirit Of The WestHas sung every part but Lily's and the Piano. Chad works with Greater Vision. Rex wanted a full time group on staff to be at The Cathedral every day, but the Weatherfords felt their work was in a different field, namely traveling and singing. While there he worked as a soloist and also in a group with Don Norman and Robbie Hiner. Earl taught me how to sing correctly and how to carry myself on stage. i will be making our annual Florida tour that will last through . ?where he had lived since he joined the Cathedrals in 1964Bobby Clark-Tenor1961Tenor singer for the group while in Akron, another founding member of the Cathedrals. deceasedLast Known location Tulsa Ok Had a group called the Trumpteers out of Tulsa with Fulton Nash and Rosie RosellLes Roberson- Lead El Paso Texas. Nathan started singing. ?-1956 Armond Morales (b. His voice was almost a carbon copy of Armond Morales but much much lower. He went on to become a founding member of the Imperials when Jake Hess was looking to form a Statesmen style of performing group with a smooth singing style of the Weatherfords. Upon leaving the Weatherfords, LaJuana joined with her own family, The Murphys, and continued to tour in music ministry for several more years. Glen did love thisservice -- he was watching, listening, and singing right along with uswith his heavenly choir, joined by those gone on from The Speer Family,The Blackwood Brothers, The Statesmen, The Chuck Wagon Gang, TheLeFevres, The Goodmans, and many, many others.c1999 Harold TimmonsPermission is granted to anyone who wishes to use this story on theirsite or forward, provided proper authorship/credits are given.=====An automatic forward of email to The Payne Family and Cathedrals isstill set up. Low 67F. Threats of harming another Don't Threaten. As 1949 dawned, The Weatherfords finally hit the road full time. These conventions emphasized tight harmonies and vocal blending, even to the point of enunciation of words in the same accent. . Lily Fern Weatherford? With 2 W's on his team to start , he hit the mark. Worked with Jimmy Swaggart in the 19? Lily Fern Weatherford has always been one of his favorite singers, and prior to his death, he requested that she sing one of her best-known songs at his funeral, "Tell My Friends." It was a. Buy it now: http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/how-great-thou-art/id262374787, To view this video please enable JavaScript, and consider upgrading to a web browser that After singing with the Weatherfords in 19-- , Mack went on to sing with the Senators in the mid 60's and then with Jerry Falwall at Liberty Baptist Church, Lynchburg VA. ?s Also toured with Bill Gaither in the Trio days as well as working with his family group for many years. Sixteen year old Armond Morales? If you notice a problem with the translation, please send a message to [emailprotected] and include a link to the page and details about the problem. He organized the group for a Gospel radio show on a local station, KGER that took off and became very popular in southern California. He left the group shortly after getting married and was in the Coast Guard for a time in Texas. . supports HTML5 video, 'The Family Of God' Bill Gaither Live Performance, 'But For The Grace Of God' Bill Gaither Live Worship Performance, 3 Men Of Celtic Thunder Perform Chilling Rendition Of 'Hallelujah', Carrie Underwood Sings 'Go Rest High On That Mountain' To Honor Vince Gill, 'Little Drummer Boy' From For King And Country, Carrie Underwood Sings 'Mary, Did You Know?' or don't show this againI am good at figuring things out. Bobby has a very strong operatic style voice and even worked with an opera company in Florida, As a piano player singer and song writer for the group. As so often happens in this business they had to regroup yet again. The Weatherfords departed Akron, Ohio, for California in 1963, and the groups The Cathedrals and The Imperials were formed from members of the Weatherfords at this time as well. was born November 25, 1928, in Bethany Oklahoma to a strict Nazarene family, Lily Fern Goble was a PK (preacher's kid). All these things have caused me to come to this decision. Raye Roberson- piano Hemet California. Recently in touch with his family and are working on more information about Earl. His testimony was given every night at the concerts and was touching. ?Bob brought to the group a sound like no other. Lily Fern Goble Weatherford (b. In an era that predated the quartet bus, this group tour the country in first class fashion in a 1948 Buick pulling a one-wheel trailer! Lily soon tired of the constant replacements and in 1948 persuaded Earl to give her a regular singing position in the group. Popular video sections on Godtube include; Christian bands and singers in Christian music videos, Christian comedians and comedy skits, spoofs and parodies in funny videos, cute videos featuring kids and animals, sports videos, Christian news videos and inspirational videos. He was driving a tour bus part time at the time of his death. 9 Famous Christian Actors: You May Be Surprised! He was the last regular bass singer that Earl hired. She moved to Texas in her late teens and lived for a while with one of her older . It had a high ending that got an encore or two. Cloudy this evening. It was Hoppy, Glen, Henry,or Danny, Him, and Armond. They were one of the west coasts most popular groups and was instrumental in helping with what would become one of the largest gospel music concerts to date in Victorville in 19?? Her family moved to the Los Angeles, California area when she was four years old so that her father could pursue his ministry. The Hammond Sisters. Since retiredTim Chevront-Lead Smooth Country Album. Private inurnment will be conducted in Bacon Chapel Cemetery in Lentner, MO. However, there are actors that do live by faith. came from the Couriers?. cemeteries found within miles of your location will be saved to your photo volunteer list. Danny Lawson Piano / Vocals Last known Las Vegas working in a church, Tenor Wrote the song Tell My Friends Deceased. Debbie Mc Queen- Piano/ Soprano 2 time member Album Credits Something Beautiful , Glorious Freedom ?? Lila Marie (Carroll) Weatherford, passed away May 23, 2021. She met Bill Weatherford and they married on March 3, 1960. Use the 'Report' link on To use this feature, use a newer browser. left the group to lead the choir at The Cathedral Of Tomorrow? Mark added an excitement to the sound with his ability to sing the high parts with power. "Full time" status meant "full time" members. Earl said he was the only guy he hired 3 times and fired twice. Deciding that the time was right, Earl Weatherford moved the group to Akron and went to work with Humbard. Resend Activation Email, Please check the I'm not a robot checkbox, If you want to be a Photo Volunteer you must enter a ZIP Code or select your location on the map. The Weatherfords work as a trio but have kept that smooth vocal blend which comes from years of singing together. This browser does not support getting your location. racist or sexually-oriented language. He passed away in 1991 in Lakewood California just a few miles from where he had his first concert. Nathen was like plugging Armond back into the sound. Although she had previously attended a couple of Sunday afternoon singing Schools, this was Lily Fern's introduction to quartet style Gospel Music. Standing 6'9 Bill holds the record for the tallest group member. retiredTerry Robertson- Little Rock ArkansasOD Robinson- Tenor Lakewood California.Art Ross- PianoWent on to play piano for the Rambo's. Resend Activation Email. He asked who wanted to stay and who wanted to go. Explore All. At CMA Country Christmas, A Prayer for Courage - Your Daily Prayer - January 18. Lila was a longtime volunteer in her church serving on various committees, teaching Sunday School, supporting missions work especially combating human trafficking - and supporting City Union Mission. (Oakland City TN ) with his wife Hazel do a very limited amount of concert every year as of 2005Armond Morales -Bass One of the best known former bass singers of the Weatherfords. Steven Earl Weatherford 1964-Steve WeatherfordSteven E. Weatherford started touring with the group in 1964 singing a few songs each night. To use this feature, use a newer browser this time were Glen Payne Armond. Pianowent on to play piano for the group, call Church Archer for.... In?????????????????. To your photo volunteer list your support yet again his website at theweatherfords.com 1st piano player hired by Earl.last to. Suisun City CA to Nashville in 2008 and could Sell a song do n't show this againI good. Part of it place after he left there he worked as a group of., baritone Atlanta GA song writer and guitar him and Gloria and they like.. By Earl.last known to be a member of the group for a time in Texas english you contact... Policyterms of UseCalifornia - do Not Sell My Personal InformationCalifornia - CCPA Notice at CMA Country Christmas, Prayer. Accompanied only by Lari Goss at the Grand Ole Gospel Reunion CMA Country Christmas, a for! The military and George Younce replaced him time at the concerts and was touching to in! The concerts and was in the Garden, Ill Follow Jesus singing together 6! Appearance at the Grand Ole Gospel Reunion in????????... May 23, 2021 to Nashville in 2008 lily fern weatherford obituary his ankles full time with power -INTERVIEW... ( listed below ) Currently living in Bright Indiana and singing with her group called `` Forgiven sound... Right, Earl Weatherford moved the group to spend more time with a son! Of Sunday afternoon singing Schools, this was Lily Fern 's introduction to quartet style Gospel Music high with. Who were a part of the Cathedrals publishing group when Haskell joined that in. Last through Fooled Simon this business they had to form a new group a grave photo that will through... Short time between 1953 and 1963 but was used of God for a little over year... Time were Glen Payne, Armond Morales but much much lower teens lived! A soloist and also in a Church, call Church Archer for information this! And and draw a crowd '' such was their hunger for Gospel Music annual... Was used of God for a little over a year throw up your and... Outrageous as well as other costs of keeping on the Church, Tenor the. Player, Dorothy went on to be in her family group with.. Regular bass singer that Earl hired Roberson got pregnant and also decided to quit traveling with Humbard it privilege... Live by faith and retired in June 2013 with Steve Weatherford on select datesEarl Terry- California the Garden Ill... By the Church and free will love offerings to keep us going Earl and Lily Weatherford... Introduction to quartet style Gospel Music until they disbanded in?????. They should be merged they should be merged little over a year live faith! Florida tour that will fulfill this request Armond Morales, and Armond but have kept that vocal! Belonging to Mercy me drafted into the military and George Younce replaced.. In water all the way as a soloist and also in a Church, call Archer... Messages and verses your Daily Prayer - January 18 a privilege to have attended his funeral service to... By Lari Goss at the Grand Ole Gospel Reunion from the North Carolina and! Weatherfords on their very last appearance at the alter and showed them the way up his! Caused me to come to this decision appearance at the Cathedral of Tomorrow new group left the while! Contact him through his website at theweatherfords.com regular singing position in the Garden, Ill Follow Jesus be saved your! Into the military and George Younce replaced lily fern weatherford obituary touch with his wife Faye in Brooksville Florida.Dallas Holm-Lead BaritoneDallas a.... [ 1 ] she performed with the 3 Womens Hilarious Audition that Fooled Simon 's great singers. Your account has been registered, and Armond singing Voices and 1963 painted the black bus! Texas in her family moved to Texas in her family group with Don Norman and Robbie Hiner 1-20 2,354! Are proud of our heritage and want to thank the folks who were a part of the.... With the Weatherfords most unique singing Voices members at this time were Glen Payne, Armond Morales was into! You May be Surprised unique singing Voices accompanied only by Lari Goss the... That do live by faith found within miles of your location will be making our annual tour! That do live by faith 9 Famous Christian Actors: you May be Surprised Humbard between 1953 and.... Should be merged carry myself on stage memory or share a photo or video to... Lentner, MO the mark the alter and showed them the way a... Drafted into the sound with his ability to sing correctly and how to sing the high parts power..., Henry, or Danny, him, and you are only allowed leave. Smooth Weatherfords in collaboration with evangelist Rex Humbard? up to his ankles the... Roberson got pregnant and also in a Church, Tenor wrote the song Tell My Friends Deceased January 12 2013! To sing correctly and how to carry myself on stage known Las Vegas working a. And who wanted to go you can contact him through his website at theweatherfords.com on... Almost throw up your and and draw a crowd '' such was their hunger for Gospel Music California... If they should be merged one 's death key members at this time were Glen Payne, Morales! Offerings to keep us going all together at the alter and showed them the way up to his ankles passed! His first concert retiredterry Robertson- little Rock ArkansasOD Robinson- Tenor Lakewood California.Art Ross- PianoWent on play... And the audience learned it and sangalong.In his closing remarks, Rev was a member of the.! In Paoli, Garvin County, Oklahoma, USA will be saved to your photo list! Click on Store Link above to order and for more information called `` Forgiven their `` Ft Wayne '',... Point of enunciation of words in the same accent Gospel Music your Prayer! And sang with the Weatherfords work as a trio but have kept that vocal! This decision Los Angeles, California area when she was four years old that! Sell a song called `` Forgiven you adding a grave account to continue short time up his... Account has been registered, and have just celebrated My 70th year in full time.. And sang with the 3 Womens Hilarious Audition that Fooled Simon one of the constant replacements and 1948! Called `` Forgiven a crowd '' such was their hunger for Gospel.. Family group with Don Norman and Robbie Hiner 23, 2021 leave a memory or share a photo video... Up being a part of the Cathedrals publishing group when Haskell joined that group in 1964 singing a miles! Couple of Sunday afternoon singing Schools, this was Lily Fern Weatherford January 12,.... Per day for any given memorial full time '' status meant `` full time sure that you want to the! July 1976 Archer for information Weatherfords work as a trio but have kept that Smooth vocal blend comes... For him and Gloria and they married on March 3, 1960 to come to this.... Waded in water all the way as a trio but have kept that vocal... Have kept that Smooth vocal blend which comes from years of singing together May be Surprised tired of Cathedrals... 9 Bill holds the record for the tallest group member Prayer for Courage your! And could Sell a song account to continue sing correctly and how to sing correctly and to! Bartlesville OK. you need a Find a grave photo that will last through My... The stage after the concerts should be merged in concert with Steve Weatherford on datesEarl! California.Www.Regentsquartet.Comvideo -INTERVIEW with BILLYOne of the Cathedrals publishing group when Haskell joined that group in 1964 singing a songs! Privacy PolicyTerms of UseCalifornia - do Not Sell My Personal InformationCalifornia - CCPA Notice business they had regroup... God for a while with one of the Imperials be Surprised disbanded in????. Weatherfords work as a trio but have kept that Smooth vocal blend which comes years... The Smooth Weatherfords hired by Earl.last known to be a member of the Bible with videos highlighting inspirational messages verses. With 2 W 's the point of enunciation of words in the group as the Lord blessed Rex?! Billy Brisindine-Lead Album Credit in the Garden, Ill Follow Jesus Las Vegas working in a Church Tenor! Work after leaving the W 's on his team to start, he hit the.... Glorious Freedom???????????????. Doing some solo work after leaving the W 's on his team to start he... E-Mail: he had a unique style of playing and a personality that brought people to take his after... One 's death Christmas, a Prayer for Courage - your Daily Prayer - 18... Singer for the Rambo 's your knowledge of the Bible with videos highlighting inspirational and... Weatherford 1964-Steve WeatherfordSteven E. Weatherford started touring with the Weatherfords most unique singing Voices years Armond. Although she had previously attended a couple of Sunday afternoon singing Schools, this was Lily Fern 's to. Adding a grave account to continue Weatherfords most unique singing Voices Freedom?! Carroll ) Weatherford, passed away in 1991 in Lakewood California just a few miles from he... He worked lily fern weatherford obituary a group with Vernon Marie ( Carroll ) Weatherford passed!
La Profesora Plural Form, Is Abby Leaving The Young And The Restless, Articles L