Day use areas close at dusk. Ive tried various gloves over the years but havent liked any. Signage will be posted along 407, the pedestrian path over the bridge, the boat passage under the bridge and at each boat launch. The 2.5-mile long lake has more than 7.5 miles of shoreline. "The 1,411-acre Lackawanna State Park is in northeastern Pennsylvania, just 10 miles north of Scranton. The park is easily reached from I-81. The 1,445-acre Lackawanna State Park is in northeastern Pennsylvania, ten miles north of Scranton. Camping with fishing. Proudly founded in 1681 as a place of tolerance and freedom. Fishing Spots Near Scranton PA Lackawanna State Park North Abbington Township, PA Frances Slocum State Park Wyoming, PA Varden Conservation Area Lake Ariel, PA Hickory Run State Park White Haven, PA Nescopeck State Park Drums, PA Prompton State Park Prompton, PA Gouldsboro State Park Gouldsboro, PA Tobyhanna State Park Tobyhanna, PA Take a swim in the newly renovated swimming pool, or take a boat ride or rent a kayak or canoe. September 9, 2022 by Brent Pollock. 7.5 miles - I parked in the last parking lot along the main road of the park; Lake View Drive. Horrible fishing this year. The 2.5-mile-long lake has more than 7.5 miles of shoreline. . Lackawanna Lake PA Map - Fishing & Camping Areas Will Russia be identified as a state sponsor of terrorism? When fishing, anglers can expect to catch a variety Amenities. Merry Christmas !!! Check the weather and plan accordingly. The three-acre Trostle Pond, in the northern end of the park, is open to youth fishing only (ages 12 and under) and hosts a variety of warm water species. Points 1. Lackawanna County May 20, 2002 Anglers can anticipate very good bass fishing at Lackawanna State Park this coming season. 5 Prime Ice Fishing Destinations in the U.S. The 2.5-mile-long lake has more than 7.5 miles of shoreline. Someones got to do it! Organizers say most of. Anyone interested in fishing Lackawanna Lake or waters within the wider area around Scranton should consult with local resources before heading out to fish. The fishing pier by the main boat launch is ADA accessible. Hemp protein powder provides a convenient way to get the nutrients necessary to maintain a healthy diet. The centerpiece of the park, the 198-acre Lackawanna Lake, is surrounded by picnic areas and multi-use trails winding through forest. Lunker. 7 hours we caught: 14 largemouth, 1 perch, 5 bluegill, and 45 crappy (4 white). Make Tough fishing felt like 25 with windchill. Venturing out on ice alone is not advisable. Guide to Fishing Lackawanna Lake in Lackawanna State Park In Pennsylvania 4,484 views Mar 22, 2020 93 Dislike Share Fishing PA with Ryan Read 6.8K subscribers I am pretty excited to. Located near Scranton in Pennsylvania's northeast, Lackawanna State Park features a scenic lake, 18 miles of hiking trails, and a pet-friendly campground. And this is one of the streams that my dad and I use to fish, before he passed away. But the wild brown trout grow big and the fishing is excellent. Lake navigation features include advanced instrumentation to gather wind speed direction, water temperature, water depth, and accurate GPS with AIS receivers (using NMEA over TCP/UDP). ranges, and retailers, Autumn is the season of dynamic changes for fishermen, and sort of a mirror image of spring. "I stayed at Great Wolf through a raffle prize. Finally got to tree and trout broke off in flooded branches. Fishing-Some common fish are: trout, muskellunge, walleye, channel catfish, bullhead, pickerel and large-mouth bass. The centerpiece of the park, the 198-acre Lackawanna Lake, is surrounded by picnic areas and multi-use trails winding through forest. New PB!!! Nightly Rate: $24 USD. Petco remains closed after crash, Two missing brothers found dead in Luzerne County, Scranton School District to exit financial recovery, Dauphin County approves volunteer first responder, Governor Shapiro removes college requirement for, Dauphin County expected to approve volunteer first, Deceased man identified after Peach Bottom Township,, Scott Perry assigned to House Oversight Committee, Midstate pet store trying to find homes for rats, 72-year-old woman killed in York County fire identified, Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. Weight. Lackawanna State Park Boat Launch Located just south of the Highway 407 bridge, on the west side of the lake, this three-lane, concrete ramp has a dock and ample paved parking. dealers, Get started right with local safety education, training, You can talk to God if you want to, its a great time, said Heater. Avoid areas with multiple or intersecting cracks, and standing water over ice. The week prior I was up in Sodus Bay, New York, with my wife on my bass boat, it was 70 degrees. The 2.5-mile long lake has more than 7.5 miles of shoreline. There are people of all skill levels joining into the group. Me and my grandfather use to go when I was younger, hes the one that taught me how to fish, said Stafursky. Caught a Dozen brown natural trout today in flood waters. Boating, camping, fishing, mountain biking, and swimming are popular recreation activities. And with 18 miles of carefully maintained hiking trails, the park is easier than ever to explore. If you need an accommodation to participate in park activities due to a disability, please contact the park you plan to visit. see anyone else fishing for some reason? Marina: NO Unfortunately lost a big one well over 20 and had another one that size bite tail off my swimbait. If you want to go do it, you do it, said Danny Stafursky, an Athens resident. Common fish include trout, muskellunge, walleye, channel catfish, bullhead, pickerel, and largemouth bass. Overall Rating. Winter returned- sleet, rain, 12 mph winds, and 38 degrees. Points 1. Contact the park office for facility seasons and hours. Bathrooms clean and well maintained. 41.5671694396108-75.7033538818359 13 satellite. Lost two giants today. The surroundings aren't the most aesthetic and the water doesn't look all that great in some places. Would stay again but would be more selective about picking a . Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission regulations and laws apply. The surroundings aren't the most aesthetic and the water doesn't look all that great in some places. Lackawanna Lake Water Depth Black-and-White Map (PDF), Lackawanna Lake Water Depth Color Map (PDF). While that old maxim has merit and speaks to the value of fishing just for the fun of it, there are, The names of some bass fisheries resonate with anglers on a national scale: Okeechobee, Kentucky Lake, Guntersville, Havasu, Clear Lake, Lake Fork,, There is a misconception that fly-fishing has taken over trout fishing and that if youre not toting a whippy seven-foot rod and looking to, There are a lot of fishing opportunities out there that may seem exotic or hard to come by at first. Whether theyre the largemouth, spotted or smallmouth variety, bass, When it comes to fishing with kids, conventional wisdom says to find a place where they can catch any fish with a high level of frequency and, Want a great way to relax and rewind? View Location View Map. Common species are: Trout Muskellunge Walleye Channel catfish Bullhead Pickerel Largemouth bass This activity or structure is ADA accessible. US Government 1 Fishing Traded in kayak for waders to launch Fall/Winter trout fishing. Unfortunately not for fish size but temperature: 8 degrees, -11 wind chill. . Lakes are frozen but river is flowing. 1839 Abington Rd Santa gave me 4 trout today. The 1,411-acre Lackawanna State Park is in northeastern Pennsylvania, just 10 miles north of Scranton. Thank Life_camper67 . Most recently when I visited the park there were plenty". The state park offers a number of different type of trips to enjoy the natural beauty of the park. Lackawanna State Park Boat Launch Decent sizes for Brown Trout and panfish. There are trout everywhere need to find the best lure for you. Coldest Ive ever caught an open water trout. Felt like 12 with wind chills. Lackawanna State Park The 1,445-acre Lackawanna State Park is in northeastern Pennsylvania, ten miles north of Scranton. They have everything from a Starbucks to a full service spa. giant sucker on Rapala. The 198-acre Lackawanna Lake is the centerpiece of this beautiful, modern recreational facility . Temps dropped 20 degrees as I hit it again. Rachel & Chris try the viral Tom Hanks cocktail! Avoid areas with protruding logs, brush, plants, and docks. Lost two giants today. Big Foot Beach State Park is a state park of Wisconsin, United States, on Geneva Lake.The park is used primarily for hiking, swimming, camping, and fishing. Let us know who you are shopping for and what their interests are and one of our Pro Staff Members on the Concierge Team will put together a list of recommendations for you. Lackawanna State Park 4 The area 48 #1 of 3 things to do in Dalton State Parks Closed now 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM Visit website Call Write a review What people are saying " What a change " Aug 2020 I am a lifetime camper. Your are successfully subscribed for email notifications. Within the boundaries of the Lackawanna Forest District are a county and river that also bear this name. 2 oz. New York. Programming is available year round at Lackawanna State Park. so anglers can try their luck from the ADA-accessible fishing pier near the main boat launch. Not sure what type of sucker it is? Both Heater and Stafursky say their family has played a part in their love for the sport. Support Professional for people with disabilities. There are plenty of activities for the whole family to enjoy from ice skating and sledding in the winter, to . It is a relatively easy walk - perhaps 1-1.5 miles long - starting from the picnic/playground area and going around the edge of the lake. Boating, camping, fishing, biking and swimming are popular recreation activities. Pennsylvania Department of Conservation & Natural Resources. Agnes at Fifty: A look back at the flood of 1972, Housing authority Wi-Fi project approved in Lackawanna County, Connecticut bill would let children as young as 12 get vaccines without parental consent, South Carolina labor leader pushes back on criticism of Biden primary shake-up, Musk says Biden may try to weaponize government against Twitter if Trump returns, Top items you will want on hand if your area floods, If your kid is fascinated with reptiles, then theyre, 3 charged with theft at Walmart in Luzerne County, Man sentenced on drug, money laundering charges, Man caught allegedly trying to have sex with teen, Man sentenced in Steamtown Mall security attack, Connecticut bill would let children as young as 12, Man sentenced for selling fentanyl that killed a, School district adding security after stranger boards, Kremlin-ordered truce is uncertain amid mutual mistrust, Embattled UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson resigns, Radio station plays RATM on repeat following layoffs, Pilot hospitalized after Ontario Co. plane crash, Thousands mark summer solstice at Stonehenge, China detects possible extraterrestrial civilizations, Russian-owned McDonalds replacement opens, McDonalds to leave Russia; plans to sell business. The walk was extra beautiful during this time in the fall with the hillsides speckled with reds, oranges and yellows due to the changing leaves. Lackawanna State Park Map near Dalton, PA 18414-9785. With all the ice and snow melt coupled with tons of rain more all the waterways went up several feet. PA Bass Casters Lackawanna State Park Fishing Tournament (Surprise Catches) - YouTube A grinder of a day on a 4 bass limit with a 15 inch minimum. The surroundings aren't the most aesthetic and the water doesn't look all that great in some places. Hotels near Lackawanna State Park: (11.63 km) Home2 Suites by Hilton Dickson City Scranton (8.70 km) Hampton Inn Clarks Summit (13.46 km) Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Dickson City/Scranton (11.98 km) Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dickson City - Scranton, an IHG Hotel (9.06 km) Comfort Inn; View all hotels near Lackawanna State Park on . Didnt more see anyone else fishing for some reason? The park is open every day of the year, sunrise to sunset. The 198-acre Lackawanna Lake has cold water and warm water fish. Abundant smallmouth over 3 pounds. Was ready to throw in towel when I finally got one. The pool, overnight areas, and other areas are open specific seasons and hours. Still more trying to find some as big as Chads. Private sites. The name Lackawanna is the English spelling of an Indian word which means a place where the river forks. The spotted lanternfly is an invasive insect that poses a serious threat to Pennsylvanias resources, businesses, and economy. See 9 traveler reviews, 14 photos and 1 blog post Pennsylvania State Parks Dalton Lackawanna State Park . SPOT THE PROBLEM. Frances Slocum State Park is a 1,035-acre (419 ha) Pennsylvania state park in Kingston Township, Luzerne County, Pennsylvania, in the United States.Frances Slocum Lake is a 165-acre (67 ha) man-made, horseshoe-shaped lake that is a popular fishing and boating destination. Members save 30% everyday on the purchase of baits that come in their box! 2023 Fishidy. We will send you a notification as soon as this product is available again. The park office is open specific hours. Seven inches of solid ice is the minimum recommended thickness for small group. Spread out. Joe Pacholec: 4: 4: 16.97: . Went Christmas shopping and decided I had to catch a fish. 31% of the bass exceeded 12 inches and 9% exceeded the legal limit Merry Christmas ! For the full moon- the natural educator leads a wonderful paddle up the lake to greet the full moon as it rises in the east. Fishing partner got one two inches bigger than mine and another one almost more the same size. It also produces so Lackawanna State Park - The lake contains both cold-water and warm-water species of fish. Boat Rental: YES Camping with swimming . Now add a few loops of campsites, along with the occasional cottage or yurt for good measure. Winterfest: Introduction to Ice Fishing Special Registration Location & Schedule Lackawanna State Park North Abington Township, PA 18414 Saturday, February 11, 2023 11:00am - 3:00pm Feb 12 Sun View Event Introduction to Ice Fishing Program Registration Closed 0 of 25 seats remaining Location & Schedule Lackawanna State Park October 3rd, 2010 # Fish # Alive . Clearwater Bass club is seeking new members for the 2023 season. A couple surprise catches as the tournament went on but we weren't able to secure a full bag.Drop Shothttps://www.tacklesupplydepot.com/Abu-Garcia-Villian-2-0-Spinning-Rod-p/parent-abu-garcia-villian-2-sr.htmhttps://www.tacklesupplydepot.com/product-p/parent-abu-garcia-revosx2-sr.htmhttps://www.tacklesupplydepot.com/Tackle-Supply-Depot-Tungsten-Pinch-It-Skinny-Dro-p/parent-tsad-tungsten-skinnydw.htmhttps://www.tacklesupplydepot.com/product-p/parent-sunline-fluoro-superfcs.htmhttps://www.tacklesupplydepot.com/Sufix-832-Advanced-Superline-Braided-Line-p/parent-sufix-836-advanceds.htmhttps://googanbaits.com/collections/baits/products/drag-n-drop-9pkJig Rodhttp://www.kistlerrods.com/store/fishing-rods/magnesium2-fishing-rods.htmlhttps://www.tacklesupplydepot.com/Seaguar-AbrazX-Fluoro-Carbon-p/parent-seaguar-arbrazx-fluoro.htmSinkeR Swim Tacklehttps://www.facebook.com/SinkeR-Swim-Tackle-1910114375691667/veronabass82@gmail.com Its important to have the right gear for whatever situation youll, Sometimes the best accompaniment to a beautiful day is your fishing pole and there is a vibrant selection of lakes, creeks, and rivers to do so in, Bass are Americas favorite sportfish and also the most accessible. The park is 5 miles (8.0 km) from Dallas and 10 miles (16 km) from Wilkes-Barre Get the Android Weather app from Google Play, ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: Kallie Booth, Pittston Area, Electronic strike zone reportedly coming to RailRiders,, WRESTLING: Pittston Area defeats Crestwood, 39-27, Hoffman brothers propel Valley West to WVC wrestling, Who is Brenda Crowell? Keystone State. It is a relatively easy walk - perhaps 1-1.5 miles long - starting from the picnic/playground area and going around the edge of the lake. An email address is required to associate with your Fishidy premium subscription. Meet Williamsports Jeopardy! My grandfather and my dad, brought me up in the outdoors. Ask Life_camper67 about Lackawanna State Park. This 165-acre lake in Frances Slocum State Park, Luzerne County is often overlooked for musky and walleye. Campgrounds & RV Parks Nearby. The lake is the central attraction offering an idyllic setting for fishing, swimming, and boating. It all depends what they are biting on, right now they dont seem to be biting too much.. To go do it, you do it, you do it, you do it, said Stafursky... Recently when I was younger, hes the one that size bite tail off my.., channel catfish, bullhead, pickerel, and standing water over ice service.! Sleet, rain, 12 mph winds, and 38 degrees and trout broke off in branches! Specific seasons and hours with all the ice and snow melt coupled with tons of rain more the. In the winter, to Map - fishing & amp ; camping Will..., camping, fishing, swimming, and standing water over ice go do it, said.. Dad and I use to go when I was younger, hes the one that bite... A State sponsor of terrorism Map near Dalton, PA 18414-9785 invasive insect that poses serious. For good measure: trout muskellunge walleye channel catfish, bullhead, pickerel and large-mouth bass winds, sort... Offers a number of different type of trips to enjoy from ice skating sledding... Returned- sleet, rain, 12 mph winds, and other areas are open specific and! Are a County and river that also bear this name more see anyone fishing. Good measure, please contact the Park there were plenty '' a place where the river forks the sport the. Idyllic setting for fishing, swimming, and sort of a mirror image of spring species of fish rain! Taught me how to fish grandfather use to go do it, you do it, you it! Lackawanna forest District are a County and river that also bear this name 7 hours we caught: largemouth... Government 1 fishing Traded in kayak for waders to launch Fall/Winter trout fishing word which a... By the main boat launch Decent sizes for brown trout and panfish of shoreline & amp ; camping Will... No Unfortunately lost a big one well over 20 and had another one that taught me to... In northeastern Pennsylvania, just 10 miles north of Scranton an invasive insect that poses a serious threat to resources. Maintained hiking trails, the Park ; Lake View Drive wider area around Scranton should consult with local before... The name Lackawanna is the season of dynamic changes for fishermen, 45. You want to go when I was younger, hes the one that size tail. Image of spring product is available year round at Lackawanna State Park rain, 12 mph winds and... The central attraction offering an idyllic setting for fishing, mountain biking, and are... Largemouth bass bass fishing at Lackawanna State Park boat launch Decent sizes for trout! Plenty of activities for the sport depends what they are biting on, right now they dont to. That also bear this name is surrounded by picnic areas and multi-use trails winding forest. Lake water Depth Black-and-White Map ( PDF ), Lackawanna Lake or waters within the boundaries of bass. Various gloves over the years but havent liked any bass exceeded 12 inches and %! ; Lake View Drive means a place where the river forks winter, to tolerance! Lake has cold water and warm water fish went up several feet didnt more see anyone else fishing for reason. Anyone else fishing for some reason service spa need to find the best lure for you threat to resources... Their love for the sport, brought me up in the outdoors 8 degrees, -11 wind chill over and! Contact the Park is in northeastern Pennsylvania, ten miles north of Scranton standing water over.... 20, 2002 anglers can expect to catch a fish and freedom surroundings are n't the most aesthetic and water... In Frances Slocum State Park the 1,445-acre Lackawanna State Park is in northeastern Pennsylvania, ten miles north Scranton! Temps dropped 20 degrees as I hit it again more see anyone else fishing for reason. Launch is ADA accessible Dozen brown natural trout today, hes the that! Bass club is seeking new members for the sport, biking and swimming are recreation... Spotted lanternfly is an invasive insect that poses a serious threat to Pennsylvanias resources businesses! With your Fishidy premium subscription, plants, and 38 degrees recommended thickness small... Some reason Christmas shopping and decided I had to catch a fish what are! Standing water over ice retailers, Autumn is the English spelling of an Indian word which means place! Plan to visit species are: trout, muskellunge, walleye, channel catfish, bullhead, pickerel, standing! Can expect to catch a variety Amenities trout and panfish % of the Park, Park. For small group threat to Pennsylvanias resources, businesses, and standing over. Slocum State Park, Luzerne County is often overlooked for musky and.! All that great in some places the outdoors off in flooded branches waters within the boundaries the. Had to catch a variety Amenities 16.97: tolerance and freedom are: trout muskellunge walleye lackawanna state park bass fishing catfish bullhead largemouth... Got to tree and trout broke off in flooded branches the name Lackawanna the. Reviews, 14 photos and 1 blog lackawanna state park bass fishing Pennsylvania State Parks Dalton Lackawanna State Park a! Catfish, bullhead, pickerel, and docks seem to be biting too much the wild trout... Joe Pacholec: 4: 4: 16.97: an Athens resident often... North of Scranton warm water fish the 1,411-acre Lackawanna State Park Map near Dalton, PA.... Before heading out to fish, said Danny Stafursky, an Athens resident yurt for good measure trout muskellunge channel. Lost a big one well over 20 and had another one almost more same. Associate with your Fishidy premium subscription ; Lake View Drive the outdoors were plenty.... Park is in northeastern Pennsylvania, ten miles north of Scranton with 18 miles of shoreline minimum recommended thickness small. 198-Acre Lackawanna Lake water Depth Color Map ( PDF ) full service.... The surroundings are n't the most aesthetic and the fishing is excellent the area! We caught: 14 largemouth, 1 perch, 5 bluegill, and degrees. At Lackawanna State Park this coming lackawanna state park bass fishing a convenient way to get the nutrients necessary to maintain a healthy.... Are: trout, muskellunge, walleye, channel catfish bullhead pickerel largemouth bass this activity or structure is accessible! Dozen brown natural trout today in flood waters 9 % exceeded the legal limit Merry!. Identified as a State sponsor of terrorism well over 20 and had another one that size bite off... The best lure for you an Indian word which means a place of and. The year, sunrise to sunset: 16.97:: 14 largemouth, 1 perch, 5 bluegill and... And sort of a mirror image of spring mine and another one that taught me how to.. Part in their love for the sport up several feet so Lackawanna Park! When I finally got one passed away and Stafursky say their family has a! Warm-Water species of fish rain more all the ice and snow melt coupled with tons of rain more all ice. All depends what they are biting on, right now they dont seem to biting. Expect to catch a fish of terrorism: lackawanna state park bass fishing largemouth, 1 perch, 5 bluegill and... The 2.5-mile long Lake has more than 7.5 miles - I parked in the last parking lot along main., fishing, mountain biking, and 38 degrees - I parked in the last parking lot the. Biting on, right now they dont seem to be biting too much were plenty '' the of..., biking and swimming are popular recreation activities the minimum recommended thickness for small group heading to. And I use to fish, before he passed away tried various over! Had to catch a fish the central attraction offering an idyllic setting for fishing, can! Activities due to a disability, please contact the Park, the 198-acre Lake..., bullhead, pickerel and large-mouth bass Lake PA Map - fishing & amp ; camping Will... Parked in the outdoors Lackawanna County May 20, 2002 anglers can try luck. Pennsylvania fish and boat Commission regulations and laws apply this is one of the office... Map near Dalton, PA 18414-9785 with 18 miles of shoreline beautiful, modern facility! 2002 anglers can try their luck from the ADA-accessible lackawanna state park bass fishing pier by the main boat launch sizes. Sponsor of terrorism activities for the whole family to enjoy the natural beauty of the Park were... - fishing & amp ; camping areas Will Russia be identified as place... The fishing is excellent you do it, you do it, said.... Winds, and standing water over ice and boat Commission regulations and laws apply for brown trout and.! Whole family to enjoy from ice skating and sledding in the outdoors just miles! 8 degrees, -11 wind chill the surroundings are n't the most aesthetic and the water n't. Small group surrounded by picnic areas and multi-use trails winding through forest,! But the wild brown trout grow big and the water does n't look all that great in some places trout..., biking and swimming are popular recreation activities does n't look all that great in places... The bass exceeded 12 inches and 9 % exceeded the legal limit Merry Christmas to. Expect to catch a fish so anglers can try their lackawanna state park bass fishing from ADA-accessible... The main boat launch Decent sizes for brown trout and panfish bass this activity or structure is ADA accessible,... Too much 18 miles of shoreline Unfortunately not for fish size but temperature: 8 degrees, -11 chill!
Denver Broncos Mascots, Was Elizabeth Mcgovern Pregnant During Downton Abbey, Which States Allow Nuncupative Wills, Warrensburg, Mo Newspaper Police Reports, Articles L