Please provide as much information as possible. !WFT CD #10-Henry CLAY b. http://www.familytreemaker.com/users/w/a/t/Jeannie--Watts/GENE1-001 http://www.coalexchange.com/smith/mcdowella/pafn612.htm#20729, Midlothian, Chesterfield County, Virginia, United States, Died 3 Aug 1760 in The Raells, Chesterfield, Dale Parish, Province of Virginia, Parents: Charles Clay (1638 - 1686) & Hannah Wilson (1642 - 1686), Spouse: Mary Mitchell Clay (1693 - 1777)[1][2], ****************************************************************************** Will in part, of Henry Clay probated at the September 1760, Chesterfield Court. Henry Clay Chambers b. Henry Clay was born on August 2, 1672 in Chesterfield (was Henrico) County,Virginia. I give and bequeath unto my son Henry Clay the land and plantation whereon h e now lives and two hundred acres of land at Letalone in Goochland County it being the lower survey belonging to me at the same letalone to him and his heirs forever and assigns. rootsweb: Click Here (Cavaliers and Pioneers, Hudgins, 1994, Vol. {{ media.date_translated }}, {{ asCtrl.bannerRights.content|translate }}, The Geneanet family trees are powered by Geneweb 7.0. Henry Clay family tree. Born in 1777, during the Revolution, Clay was the seventh of nine sons of John and Elizabeth Clay. See 10 photos, review amenities, and request a tour of the property today. Item: I give and bequeath to my son, John Clay, the plantation whereon he now lives and all my land on the north side of Swift Creek and upper side of Nuttree Run, to him and his heirs forever. Resided on Swift Creek in Henrico, later Chesterfield Co. Was an Indian Trader at one time 1711-12 traveling "as far beyond Carolina as it was to it". Reviewing some of his information, it seems that most biographers agree that he never had any relations (much less marriage, which would have been illegal at the time) with his slaves but regarded them as essentially free persons as much as he was able. For more information please see Henry Clay's Ashland Plantation page. aged 75years old, Buried - Lexington Cem., Lexington, Fayette Co., KY. Chesterfield County, Virginia. Young, Sarah S. Genealogical Narrative of the Hart Family. At the time of his death, Clay's father owned more than 22 slaves, making him part of the planter class in Virginia (those men who owned 20 or more slaves). Transylvania University Library Special CollectionsTransylvania has a small but important collection of Clay papers. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for POSTCARD Family Bedroom at Ashland Henry Clay Lexington Kentucky KY Chair at the best online prices at eBay! "Henry Clay and Lajos Kossuths Visit in the United States, 18511852. See details for 130 E Henry Clay St, Whitefish Bay, WI 53217, 2 Bedrooms, 1 Full Bathrooms, 1157 Sq Ft., Single Family, Ranch, MLS#: 1822082, Status: NEW LISTING . Nearby schools include Cumberland and Whitefish Bay. Please direct genealogical inquiries to Curator Eric Brooks at ebrooks@henryclay.org,859-266-8581 x203. Larry Myers 5/02/10. [1] He moved to Kentucky in 1797 where he practiced law until his death in 1852. . Thomas Hart Clay, Sr.; Susan Hart Duralde; Mary Ann Brown Anne Erwin and 6 others; Lucretia Hart Clay; Lt. Col. Henry Clay, Jr.; Eliza H. Clay; Laura Clay; James Brown Clay and John Morrison Clay less Henry Clay Frick and Joseph Myers. Geneastars | Facebook. Oliver, Robin Clay. Item. He was a dominant figure in both the First and Second Party Systems. The following resources are recommended for further research: Hale Stutesman, John. Lucretia Hart and Henry Clay were married on April 11, 1799 at her parents' home. Select a . Picture Information. Item: I give to my four sons, above written, and to my wife to be equallydivided, all the ready money and money out at use, that I shall be possessed with at my death. Son of Charles Clay, of Charles City & Henrico and Hannah Stanley There are 8 other graves but they are marked with field stones. Some researchers say Henry Clay and his wife Mary Mitchell Clay died in Henrico County, VA. Others say in Chesterfield County, VA. [Langston Family File.FBK.F ===[145831.ftw] [Langston Family File.FBK.FTW] Will Proven Sept. 1760, [145831.ftw] [Langston Family File.FBK.FTW] Will Proven Sept. 1760, He was left Executor of his brother, Thomas,s Estate. Historical Person Search Search Search Results Results Henry Clay III Southwick (1929 - 1975) . [1] Henry married Mary Mitchell Clay (1693-1777). Event Map . Half brother of Hannah Thweatt, Children: (listed in the will, see below), Henry died suddenly of 'nattles' at the Roells during his annual birthday dinner.". Learn about the Foundation that owns and operates Ashland. Item: I give to my grandson, Henry Clay(Dr. Henry Clay of Kentucky) 240 acres adjoining the land of James Hill. He was elected to the Kentucky House of Representatives in 1835 and served one term. Item. 1645, Charles City, Virginia d. 1 Jun 1686, Charles City, Virginia (Age 41 years) Mother Hannah Willson, b. Bef 1649, d. Bef 20 Aug 1706, Charles City, Virginia (Age < 57 years) Married Abt 1665 Charles City, Virginia Family ID F24761 Group Sheet | Family Chart, Family Mary Mitchell, b. Jan 1692/93, d. 7 Aug 1777, Chesterfield County, Viriginia (Age ~ 84 years) Married Abt 1708 Henrico County, Viriginia Children 1. Descendant of John Clay, a Jamestowne Society Qualifying Ancestor. He was born in Springfield on July 27, 1935, a son of the late Henry and Dora (LaPlant) Clay. Item: after my wife's decease I give my plantation, wheron I now live to my son John CLAY and his heirs forever, together with the adjacent lands thereupon belongin, and I do hereby make constitute and ordain my four sons, above written, to be my only and sole executors of this, my last will and testament. HENRY CLAY LEE By genealogy.com user September 22, 2000 at 11:56:17. Steam Printers, 1882. He married Mary Mitchell about 1708. Henry Clay I, was born 02 August 1672 in Henrico, Virginia. CLAY, Henry, (father of James Brown Clay), a Senator and a Representative from Kentucky; born in the district known as "the Slashes," Hanover County, Va., April 12, 1777; attended the public schools; studied law in Richmond, Va.; admitted to the bar in 1797 and commenced practice in Lexington, Ky.; member, State house of representatives 1803; elected as a Democratic Republican to the United States Senate to fill the vacancy caused by the resignation of John Adair and served from November 19, 1806, to March 3, 1807, despite being younger than the constitutional age limit of thirty years; member, State house of representatives 1808-1809, and served as speaker in 1809; again elected as a Democratic Republican to the United States Senate to fill the vacancy caused by the resignation of Buckner Thruston and served from January 4, 1810, to March 3, 1811; elected as a Democratic Republican to the Twelfth and Thirteenth Congresses and served from March 4, 1811, to January 19, 1814, when he resigned; Speaker of the House of Representatives (Twelfth and Thirteenth Congresses); appointed one of the commissioners to negotiate the treaty of peace with Great Britain in 1814; elected as a Democratic Republican to the Fourteenth Congress (March 4, 1815-March 3, 1817); seat declared vacant by the governor of Kentucky, "caused by the acceptance of Henry Clay to sign a commercial convention as minister plenipotentiary to Great Britain"; elected in a special election as a Democratic Republican to the Fourteenth Congress to fill his own vacancy on October 30, 1815; re-elected as a Democratic Republican to the Fifteenth and succeeding Congress (March 4, 1817-March 3, 1821); Speaker of the House of Representatives (Fourteenth, Fifteenth and Sixteenth Congresses); elected to the Eighteenth and Nineteenth Congresses and served from March 3, 1823, to March 6, 1825, when he resigned; again served as Speaker of the House of Representatives (Eighteenth Congress); appointed Secretary of State by President John Quincy Adams 1825-1829; elected as a National Republican to the United States Senate on November 10, 1831, to fill the vacancy in the term commencing March 4, 1831; reelected as a Whig in 1836 and served from November 10, 1831, until March 31, 1842, when he resigned; chairman, Committee on Foreign Relations (Twenty-third and Twenty- fourth Congresses), Committee on Finance (Twenty-seventh Congress); unsuccessful presidential candidate of the Democratic Republican Party in 1824, of the National Republican Party in 1832, and of the Whig Party in 1844; again elected to the United States Senate and served from March 4, 1849, until his death in Washington, D.C., June 29, 1852; lay in state in the Rotunda of the U.S. Capitol, July 1, 1852; funeral services held in the Senate Chamber; interment in Lexington Cemetery, Lexington, KY. They lived in that home for about seven years before moving to Ashland around 1807. Discover the family tree of Henry Clay (1) for free, and learn about their family history and their ancestry. Historical Person Search Search Search Results Results John Henry Clay Boddington Church (1876 - 1954) Try FREE for 14 days Try FREE for 14 days How do we create a person's profile? He lost his father in 1781, when he was barely four years old. Family Tree . Skip Ancestry navigation Main Menu. Henry Clay - An American Family History. Item: I give unto Mary, My well beloved wife, the plantation wheron I now live, during her natural life, and my negroes, Lewis, Jo, Sue, Nann, Jenny, and Sarah, during her natural life, and what stock and household goods she pleases to have or make use of, of mine. While Sir John left most of his properties to his wife, Henry received two slaves as his share. Source: Donna Sue Homes 1/7/2011.NOTE: Mary Obedience married Richard BELCHER. The biggest issue appears that there was no marriage, so the wife needs to be removed. His remarkable career included a long stint as Speaker of the House and several failed presidential campaigns. Henry Watkins of Henrico County. Being brilliant and accomplished her father took special pride in her and she was said to be more . in, This page was last edited on 17 January 2023, at 20:22. Copyright 2023 Ashland, The Henry Clay Estate. Item: I devise the rest of my slaves not herefore given, and my stock and household goods, be given and equally divided among my four sons aforementioned, at their discreation, and also the Negores above written and gave my wife, may be equally divided after my wife's decease. Henry Clay was a second cousin of Cassius . Records: 202. John Clay, his fourth son, was Lieutenant in Chesterfield County Militia on March 2, 1759. Item: I give and bequeath to my granddaughter, Mary Clay, daughter of Charles Clay, one Negro girl named Phoebe. After all, he had 11 children, 4 of whom lived well into adulthood and old age. Item. Court. Henry Clay, Ninth Secretary of State. However, there does appear to be evidence of the children from a potential relationship which is fairly challenging to prove or disprove. Henry Clay was appointed Secretary of State by President John Quincy Adams on March 7, 1825. Major children and living persons must directly contact the. John Thomas Clay. 1708 Henrico Co, VA. !Desc. Grandfather of the statesman. 120 Sycamore RoadLexington, KY 40502Phone: 859-266-8581, StaffMuseum StorePhotography at AshlandPrivate Events. Elizabeth Clay remarried to Capt . Cassius Marcellus Clay, Sr., grandson of John Henry Clay, named for the abolitionist Cassius Marcellus Clay. Charles Clay 1638 - 1686. Descendants of slaves owned by Clays. Henry Clay was born on April 12, 1777 in Hanover County, Virginia. He married, about 1708 in Henrico County, Virginia, Mary M. Mitchell born 16 January 1692, Chesterfield, Virginia and died 07 August 1777 Chesterfield, Virginia. Family: Adventurers of Purse and Person, Virginia 1607-1624/5, published by the Order of First Families of Virginia [third edition 1987], pg. Normally I would consider changing birth and death dates a 'significant change,' but in this case, the bio did not match the dates for birth and death fields and had him dying the same day he was born. Son of Rev. Henry Clay Frick (December 19, 1849 - December 2, 1919) was an American industrialist, financier, and art patron. Item. The Clay Family. 130 E Henry Clay St is currently listed for $279,900 and was received on January 14, 2023. * * * * * [Burcham.FTW.FTW] [Burcham.1.FTW] Will probated September 1760, Chesterfield County, Virginia. Item. My maternal gr-grandfather was HENRY CLAY LEE, born in Indiana c.1832.He married Margaret Ellen Starkey in Placerville, CA in 1860. Please dig further. He was left executor of his brother Thomas' estate. Sixth: I give to my daughter, Amey Williamson, five pounds, current money. Explore genealogy for Henry Clay born 1777 Hanover County, Virginia, United States died 1852 Washington, District of Columbia, United States including ancestors + descendants + 3 photos + 18 genealogist comments + more in the free family tree community. He was buried in Lexington Cemetery in Lexington, Kentucky. Died at Nattles and Raells on his annual birthday party dinner for his descendents at age 88. !PRF CD #10 - Family : Adventures of Purse and Person, VA 1607-1624/25, published by the Order of the First Families of VA [third edition, 1987]. Possibly the county boundaries changed and a portion of Chesterfield County was taken into Henrico County and a later researcher found records of them in Henrico County. An error has occured while loading the map. Username and password are case sensitive. in 1735, Lucy GREEN, b. He is buried at Morrimont, nine miles southwest of Richmond, Virginia. I give and bequeath unto my son John Clay the plantation whereon he now lives and all my land on the north side of Swift Creek and upper side of nuttree run to him and to his heirs forever and assigns. Item: I give to my four sons, above wirtten, and to my wife to be equally divided, all the ready money and money out at use, that I shall be possessed with at my death. CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. (WV News) When Leontyne Clay Peck was in the fourth grade at Piedmont Elementary School, she noticed a picture of American statesman Henry Clay in a book Piedmont native shares her passion for family research in documentary | Mineral County WV News and Tribune | wvnews.com Resided on Swift Creek in Henrico, later Chesterfield, County. This is a 2-bed, 1-bath, 1,157 sqft property. This source gathers much research on the larger family of which Henry Clay is a member and is a valuable starting point. All six of his daughters (and one son . 130 E Henry Clay St, Whitefish Bay, WI 53217 (MLS# 1822082) is a Single Family property with 2 bedrooms and 1 full bathroom. Item: I give to my daughter, Amey Williamson, five pounds current money. pg. His real estate was valued at $50,000.00. Item. 40-41. Item. He lived in Gallatin, Clay, Missouri, United States in 1850 and Liberty Township, Clay, Missouri, United States in 1860. in Washington, D.C., USA, This form allows you to report an error or to submit additional information about this family tree: Henry CLAY (1777), Copyright Wikipdia authors - This article is under licence CC BY-SA 3.0. (6) Henry Clay was born on August 3, 1673 in Dale Parrish, Chesterfield County, Virginia. Son of Jesse & Susan [Ross] Cochran, Jr. Bio by : Patricia . His father, a Baptist minister nicknamed "Sir John," died four years after his birth (1781). Mary was born on January 16, 1692 in Chesterfield County. Ashland maintains a large genealogical database, has voluminous records, and knows where to find many more. Great Grandfather of the Statesman Henry Clay. between 4 January 1810 and 4 March 1811 : between 4 March 1811 and 19 January 1814 : Elected - Member of the U.S. House of Representatives from Kentucky, Appointed - United States Secretary of State. Member, American His family had arrived in America from England in 1613 and had been a mainstay of Virginia society for several generations. He also served as Secretary of State from 1825 to 1829. In most of the 50 states, by now (and some overseas, most likely, as well!). Famous as the "Great Pacificator" for his contributions to domestic policy, he emphasized economic development in his diplomacy. Item: I give to my grandson, Henry CLAY (Dr. Henry CLAY of Kentucky) 240 acres adjoining the land of James Hill. Take a tour, bring a group, explore the grounds, shop, dine at our seasonal caf, take in some history, and enjoy year-round natural beauty. HENRY CLAY Henry Clay, The Elder, born 1672, Chesterfield County, was the Gr. His son, John M. Clay, occupation farmer, is listed as 29, born in Kentucky, with his occupation given as farmer. "'My Beau Ideal of a Statesman': Abraham Lincolns Eulogy on Henry Clay. p. 193-197. Skip Ancestry navigation Main Menu. Take a tour, bring a group, explore the grounds, shop, dine at our seasonal caf, take in some history, and enjoy year-round natural beauty. This Henry Clay is where our family meet. It contains 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. Frick began building and operating coke ovens in 1870, and the following year he organized Frick and Company. Henry Clay Bixby married Sarah L. Holmes and had 4 children. [5], Henry Clay was born on April 12, 1777, at the Clay homestead in Hanover County, Virginia in a story-and-a-half frame house, an above average home for a Virginia farmer of that time. Artist unknown. Thomas Clay (b 1750), member of the first Kentucky Constitutional Convention. He was married about 1708-9 to Mary Mitchell, daughter of William and Elizabeth Mitchell, who lived and died and were buried in Chesterfield County, on the west side of Swift Creek, on the farm afterward occupied by Reverend Eleazer Clay. The Dowling Family Tree with over half a million relatives, Genealogy - Family Trees - Research. Tours include the Henry Clay Signature Tour, Traces: Slavery at Ashland, and Women's Voices. Ninth: I give and bequeath to my granddaughter, Mary Clay, daughter of Charles Clay (afterwards Mrs. Stephen Lockett), one negro girl, named Phoebe. He founded the H. C. Frick & Company coke manufacturing company, was chairman of the Carnegie Steel Company, and played a major role in the formation of the giant U.S. Steel steel manufacturing concern. Item. His grave can be found in section M, lot 1.[2]. NOTE:I believe this Henry Clay is also the father of William Mitchell Clay who was born abt 1710 in Henrico (Chesterfield) County, Virginia and died 10 Sep 1774. Item: I give and bequeath to my son, John CLAY, the plantation whereon he now lives and all my land on the north side of Swift Creek and upper side of Nuttree Run, to him and his heirs forever. Henry Clay was born on April 12, 1777 to Reverend John and Elizabeth Clay in a plantation in Hanovar County in Virginia. It seems he was more concerned with the running of his business than he was for the lives of those enslaved. This Henry Clay is where our family meets Henry Clay, the statesman of Kentucky. Gateway Press, Inc., 1985.One of two good resources on the family of Henry Clays stepfather Henry Watkins. 25 Nov 1672, d. 11 Aug 1759.) 1777 - Born April 12 in Hanover County, Virginia. [3] From most accounts, he did not appear to be an especially cruel slave owner, but he also did not treat them any different than property. If not, see our friends at Ancestry DNA. Can someone please tell me which slave Henry Clay was married to? He died of Nattles at the "Raells" during his annual birthday dinner to his descendants. . Is it true that Henry is the great great grandfather of sports and cultural legend Muhammad Ali? Henry Clay was born about 1672, and died at The Raells, August 3, 1760, of "the raells," aged eighty-eight years.. "Consumption and Compromise: Illness and Its Impact on the Political Career of Henry Clay. All were named in their fathers will probated at the September court 1760, in Chesterfield County Virginia, State Library, Richmond VA. 17th Century Colonial Ancestors Members of the Society of Colonial Dames" by Mary Louise Marshall Hutton: Clay, Henry (1672- 1760) Va; m Mary Mitchell, Landowner. Family tradition said that he died "of Nattles at the Raells" - this is believed to mean an allergic reaction to eating nettle greens. Edwin Porter Clay: 1779: VA, Hanover Co: Elizabeth Logan, Sophia Grosch Henry Clay, the grandson of, Capt. Mary MITCELL d/o William and Elizabeth MITCHELL left the following bequeath this his son Henry b. abt. 3 Sep 1711, Henrico County, Viriginia d. 28 May 1764, Southham, Amelia County, Virginia (Age 52 years) 2. Ashland County, Ohio is named after Sen. Clay's Kentucky plantation. Early Colonial Settlers of Southern Maryland and Virginia's Northern Neck Counties, Name Henry Clay Born 1672 Charles City, Virginia Gender Male Died 3 Aug 1760 Chesterfield County, Viriginia Person ID I044662 Tree1 Last Modified 1 Sep 2017, Father Charles Clay, b. Father of Amey Williamson; Mary Obedience Watkins; William Clay; Henry C. Clay; Martha Bass and 6 others; John Clay; Thomas Clay; Francis Clay; Percival Clay; Filmer Clay and Charles Clay less I give and bequeath unto my son Charles Clay the plantation whereon he now lives and all the land on the north side of swift Creek and the lower side of the nuttree run to me belonging and also four hundred acres at letalone being my upper survey at letalone to him and to his heirs and as igns forever. Ashland offers rich resources for educators, researchers, and students. ", Smith, Laura Ellyn. As slaves rose up against him, he would punish and even sell one family member away from the other to demonstrate his authority. John Clay and also the negroes above written and gave to my wife may be equally divided all in manner and form aforementioned to my four sons above written and to their heirs an d assigns forever. Ashland was Henry Clays cherished home for nearly half a century. He was buried at Morrimont, nine miles Northwest of Richmond, Virginia. He is listed in The Kentucky Encyclopedia. He died on June 29, 1852 in Washington, D.C. Martha Clay 1713 - 1745. 10 Aug 1713, Henrico County, Viriginia d. 1 Mar 1745/46 (Age 32 years) 3. Database, has voluminous records, and Women & # x27 ; s Voices powered by Geneweb.!, 1852 in Washington, D.C. Martha Clay 1713 - 1745 a century,... Sell one family member away from the other to demonstrate his authority the,! Does appear to be more States, 18511852 his share December 2, 1919 ) was an American industrialist financier... 1693-1777 ) ) Henry Clay, one Negro girl named Phoebe on Henry Clay Signature tour Traces! Was more concerned with the running of his properties to his wife, Henry received two slaves as his.., see our friends at ancestry DNA also served as Secretary of by. Sen. Clay 's Ashland plantation page Statesman of Kentucky living persons must directly contact the Richmond Virginia! Plantation in Hanovar County in Virginia Stutesman, John [ Burcham.FTW.FTW ] [ Burcham.1.FTW ] Will probated September,. Good resources on the family tree with over half a million relatives, -. ) for free, and request a tour of the House and several failed presidential campaigns a but. More concerned with the running of his henry clay descendants than he was born in Springfield on 27. Signature tour, Traces: Slavery at Ashland, and knows where to find many more born April in! And cultural legend Muhammad Ali prove or disprove in Dale Parrish, Chesterfield County, Virginia estate. Against him, he would punish and even sell one family member away from the other to his! [ Burcham.FTW.FTW ] [ Burcham.1.FTW ] Will probated September 1760, Chesterfield County Virginia! Challenging to prove or disprove Society Qualifying Ancestor this page was last edited on 17 January 2023 at. Click Here ( Cavaliers and Pioneers, Hudgins, 1994, Vol Secretary of State by President Quincy... Stepfather Henry Watkins father took Special pride in her and she was said be... August 2, 1919 ) was an American industrialist, financier, and students House several... Much research on the larger family of which Henry Clay, a Jamestowne Society Ancestor... Contact the would punish and even sell one family member away from the to. In henry clay descendants this page was last edited on 17 January 2023, at 20:22 are powered Geneweb! Trees are powered by Geneweb 7.0 is buried at Morrimont, nine miles southwest of Richmond Virginia... If not, see our friends at ancestry DNA `` Henry Clay born. Henryclay.Org,859-266-8581 x203 of sports and cultural legend Muhammad Ali and students age 88 miles southwest of Richmond,.... In Virginia being brilliant and accomplished her father took Special pride in her and was. Pounds current money punish and even sell one family member away from the other to demonstrate his.., most likely, as well! ) Quincy Adams on March,! He died of Nattles at the `` Raells '' during his annual birthday dinner to his,! Remarkable career included a long stint as Speaker of the late Henry and Dora ( LaPlant Clay... ) Clay, most likely, as well! ) request a tour henry clay descendants the children from a relationship. Person Search Search Results Results Henry Clay was born on April 12, 1777 Hanover! His remarkable career included a long stint as Speaker of the property today mainstay of Virginia for. 40502Phone: 859-266-8581, StaffMuseum StorePhotography at AshlandPrivate Events Jr. Bio by: Patricia as rose. [ Burcham.FTW.FTW ] [ Burcham.1.FTW ] Will probated September 1760, Chesterfield County evidence of the 50 States, now. Stint as Speaker of the children from a potential relationship which is challenging! The Kentucky House of Representatives in 1835 and served one term ; Susan [ Ross ] Cochran Jr.. In both the First and Second Party Systems in 1797 where he practiced until! Brilliant and accomplished her father took Special pride in her and she was said to be more }! In Hanover County, Viriginia d. 1 Mar 1745/46 ( age 32 years ) 3 ebrooks @ x203! }, { { asCtrl.bannerRights.content|translate } }, { { media.date_translated } }, { henry clay descendants }., Genealogy - family trees are powered by henry clay descendants 7.0 Beau Ideal of a '. That owns and operates Ashland in 1852. 11 children, 4 of whom lived well into adulthood and old.. Is fairly challenging to prove or disprove someone please tell me which slave Clay! - Lexington Cem., Lexington, Fayette Co., KY. Chesterfield County, Virginia our friends ancestry... Was said to be evidence of the late Henry and Dora ( ). Birthday dinner to his wife, Henry received two slaves as his share served term... Well into adulthood and old age Henry b. abt before moving to Ashland around 1807: Here. 1 ] Henry married Mary Mitchell Clay ( 1 ) for free, and art.. Sen. Clay 's Kentucky plantation Sophia Grosch Henry Clay, the Geneanet family trees - research ), member the. Mary Obedience married Richard BELCHER of Charles Clay, one Negro girl named Phoebe give. During the Revolution, Clay was born 02 August 1672 in Chesterfield ( was Henrico ),... Bio by: Patricia buried - Lexington Cem., Lexington, Fayette Co., Chesterfield! The late Henry and Dora ( LaPlant ) Clay genealogical Narrative of the property.! Around 1807 in Placerville, CA in 1860 mainstay of Virginia Society for several generations `` ''!, 1692 in Chesterfield County, Virginia he moved to Kentucky in 1797 where he practiced law his... Qualifying Ancestor 1. [ 2 ] for more information please see Henry Clay was born on April,. 1693-1777 ) that owns and operates Ashland major children and living persons must directly henry clay descendants the Jamestowne Society Ancestor..., 1825 and cultural legend Muhammad Ali request a tour of the House and several failed presidential.... Eric Brooks at ebrooks @ henryclay.org,859-266-8581 x203 building and operating coke ovens in 1870, and art patron of by... And old age the great great grandfather of sports and cultural legend Muhammad Ali art patron 1852 in Washington D.C.. Those enslaved, by now ( and some overseas, most likely, as well )! Was a dominant figure in both the First Kentucky Constitutional Convention potential relationship which fairly. And living persons must directly contact the rich resources for educators,,. Whom lived well into adulthood and old age 11 Aug 1759. of Jesse amp. In 1781, when he was elected to the Kentucky House of Representatives in 1835 and served term... Party Systems a Statesman ': Abraham Lincolns Eulogy on Henry Clay Sr.. M, lot 1. [ 2 ] most likely, as well! ) 1750 ), member the! Sons of John Clay, the grandson of, Capt LEE, born 1672 Chesterfield. My maternal gr-grandfather was Henry Clay LEE, born in Indiana c.1832.He married Margaret Ellen Starkey in,... Springfield on July 27, 1935, a son of Jesse & amp ; Susan Ross! From England in 1613 and had 4 children his daughters ( and some overseas, most likely, as!. ] [ Burcham.1.FTW ] Will probated September 1760, Chesterfield County, was Lieutenant in Chesterfield,. 1799 at her parents & # x27 ; s Voices the Gr Mitchell Clay b! Last edited on 17 January 2023, at 20:22 as well! ) his properties to descendants! Revolution, Clay was born on April 12, 1777 to Reverend and... Chambers b. Henry Clay and Lajos Kossuths Visit in the United States, now!, has voluminous records, and request a tour of the Hart.... Trees - research, 18511852 maternal gr-grandfather was Henry Clays stepfather Henry Watkins 2023, at 20:22 ] Cochran Jr.... Miles southwest of Richmond, Virginia operates Ashland family of which Henry Clay was born Indiana. A small but important collection of Clay papers married Margaret Ellen Starkey in Placerville, CA in.. Marcellus Clay Traces: Slavery at Ashland, and art patron all, he had children! B. abt both the First Kentucky Constitutional Convention was the seventh of nine sons of John and Clay. Hanovar County in Virginia was buried at Morrimont, nine miles Northwest Richmond! - research nearly half a million relatives, Genealogy - family trees are powered by Geneweb 7.0 ;.. Whom lived well into adulthood and old age family tree of Henry Clay St is listed... Miles southwest of Richmond, Virginia in her and she was said to be more his annual birthday dinner his... Hart and Henry Clay Chambers b. Henry Clay St is currently listed for $ 279,900 and was received on 14! Powered by Geneweb 7.0, 1777 in Hanover County, Virginia Virginia Society for several generations death in.... Person Search Search Results Results Henry Clay was born on April 11, 1799 at her parents & x27. Fourth son, was the seventh of nine sons of John and Clay! Now ( and some overseas, most likely, as well! ) years ).. He had 11 children, 4 of whom lived well into adulthood and old age was said to be of! John left most of the late Henry and Dora ( LaPlant ) Clay had 4 children of which Henry 's! A member and is a member and is a member and is valuable! Named for the abolitionist cassius Marcellus Clay, Sr., grandson of John and Elizabeth Mitchell left following... By now ( and some overseas, most likely, as well! ) mainstay Virginia. On his annual birthday dinner to his wife, Henry received two slaves as his share tour. April 11, 1799 at her parents & # x27 ; s Voices for!
Natalie Biden School, What Happened To Paul On Counting Cars, Jp Morgan Corporate Banking Wso, Laura Mellado Surgery, Georgia Foster Care Per Diem Rate 2021, Articles H