It didnt mean anything. Those are some of the Catholic concerns that have preoccupied filmmaker Martin Scorsese throughout his career. We would now have one of our own as a member. Henry Hill: I said, "Bing, what are you doing here? [Tommy severs Morrie's brain stem from behind with an ice pick]. Yeah? They fuckin' whacked him. Did I? [exasperated while interrupting] Starring Robert De Niro, Ray Liotta, Joe Pesci, Lorraine Bracco and Paul Sorvino, the film narrates the rise and fall of mob associate Henry Hill . They all had bad skin and wore too much make up. Are you gonna argue with Jimmy Conway? Fuck you, pay me. Don't hang up on me! "What do you want to tell me now, tough guy?" It's like a license to steal. Any problems, he goes to Paulie. I mean, another fucking few minutes, he could be a stool, that's how often he's in there. Medium-rare an aristocrat. Johnny Dio, When Henry goes to prison (the first time, that is), he and his cellmates dont exactly have it rough: They set up shop in their own private area and cook for themselves freely, splitting up dinner duties with Paulie on prep, Vinnie (Charles Scorsese) on sauce and Johnny Dio (Frank Pellegrino) on meats. Twenty five years, pal, that's what you're looking at. He cant imagine being a law-abiding goody-good, just like the rest of us cant imagine flouting the law at every turn. He was so pissed off, he didn't even say goodbye. It's a good story, it's funny, you're a funny guy. Mother fuckin' mutt! Stop with those fucking drugs. It's a joke! The scene draws on a similar incident from Pescis actual youth, with the actor improvising most of his dialogue in rehearsal. matt busbice wife martin matte conjointe vicky to the yankee poem meaning 23u fastpitch softball teams near me. But I'm worried, I mean, I'm hearin' all kinds a fuckin' bad things. Sonny Bunz: They, they used to call him Spitshine Tommy. Don't buy ANYTHING! To become a member of a crew you've got to be one hundred per cent Italian so they can trace all your relatives back to the old country. Nunzio, up in agh! If anyone complained twice they got hit so bad, believe me, they never complained again. Two niggers just stole my truck. Henry Hill: No, what, Henry? You mean, let me understand this cause, ya know maybe it's me, I'm a little fucked up maybe, but I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you? I felt he used too many onions, but it was still a very good sauce. Its a horrifying notion: that those closest to you are the best-equipped to hurt you, because theyre the ones youd least suspect. I knew it - I knew it. Everybody wanted to be nice to him. Nothing big. 13.00 (Half 7.00) 10" Deep Pan Pizza. Hello? But now, the guys gotta come up with Paulies money every week, no matter what. [view switches to outside of car with view of restaurant, smoke billows from restaurant windows]. [narrating] Description: 6 seconds sound clip from the Goodfellas movie soundboard. I fucked kids like him in the can in the ass. Casually killing in cold blood is all in a days work for Tommy, and Pescis delivery gives deadpan a whole new meaning. The scene shifts to Henry in jail being visited by Karen. Dance. Batts was a made man, and Tommy wasnt. Jimmy Conway: That's how it happens. We're still stirring the gravy and breaking balls with these lines 30 years later. [Jimmy gives him a pack of matches with a number]. Tommy DeVito: How am I meant to know you're kidding? You're gonna dig the hole. Morrie: What shit? Now the guys got Paulie as a partner. Its the edict so nice, Jimmy says it twice: Telling on your fellow goodfellas is the single most surefire way to get yourself killed. I would've been dead. But it's safe to say that Goodfellas changed the gangster film forever. Paulie, why would I want to get into that Paul Cicero: You got out of line, you got whacked. Murder was the only way that everybody stayed in line. [narrating] It's all right. A term used in the Mafia to determine a trustworthy person. Our goal is to provide our readers with the best collections of quotes on topics like love, life, relationships and more. Lets go. Tommy DeVito. kyle chandler dripping springs; best doctor for fillers in chicago. I do a lot of fucking favors for you, don't I? Why do you always do this to me? [under his breath after Tommy leaves the bar] Look at me. Because you're gonna get us all fucking pinched, that's why! I mean, he's in the joint 24 hours a day. Whoever sold you those suits had a wonderful sense of humor. She'll never divorce him. As Goodfellas celebrates 30 years of blowing our minds, we thought we'd stir the sauce and break some balls with some quotes we keep going back to time and time again. The best music, movies, TV, books, comedy and more. And they always seem to come at a time that you're at your weakest and most in need of their help. Just give him his money so we can get the fuck outta here! We paid off cops. Add salt. Henry Hill: I gotta toughen this kid up. Tuddy Cicero, 13. I don't need that. Slectionnez Grer les paramtres pour grer vos prfrences. I got to hack it off. [threatening Morrie] It didn't even matter that my mother was Sicilian. It means that nobody can fuck around with you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. You know these Jew broads got a lot of money. Every family has its own way of prepping garlic. I dont know what the hells wrong with you. They'd been on me for months. He's all right. Give us a drink. Billy Batts: Tommy DeVito: You took your first pinch like a man, and you learned two great things in your life. Henry Hill: We . Tommy DeVito: Has Tommy ever told you about my painting? We're still stirring the gravy and breaking balls with these lines 30 years later. Rossi! Tommy DeVito: Do you believe that? I get to live the rest of my life like a schnook. Henry Hill. goodfellas stir the sauce quote. But we lived alone, we owned the joint. Henry Hill, if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[336,280],'quoteambition_com-large-mobile-banner-1','ezslot_11',162,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-quoteambition_com-large-mobile-banner-1-0');18. Karen: fresh parsley garlic salt, optional salt and finely ground red pepper 2 T tomato sauce bread crumbs if needed for consistency Saut sausage and veal in a large pot in olive oil until a little. See, your murderers come with smiles. I swear to my fucking mother, if you touch her again, YOU'RE DEAD. Hey, what do you like, the leg or the wing, Henry? For us to live any other way was nuts. Why don't you go fuck yourself, Tommy? [ laughs ] Tommy DeVito : What do you mean, you mean the way I talk? Anyway, she won't go out with me alone unless her girlfriend comes with her, so I figured you could come along and go out with her girlfriend. [voiceover] [Jimmy and Tommy laugh while Henry coughs]. Trouble with a bill, he can go to Paulie. The keys to a dozen hideout flats all over the city. You know, a twenty-one-year-old kid with such connections. Henry Hill: Tommy DeVito: What are you, a fuckin' sick maniac? Come on, Morrie, you're talking crazy, stop it! Hey, Henry, Henry, hurry up, will ya? "I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. And now its all over. You could fucking come early and then still go. For Henry, the choice between waiting for a table like a normal person and doing this is no choice at all, to which his quotes wild understatement attests. Jimmy Conway: Paul Cicero: [voiceover] What's the matter with you? Henry Hill: Tommy DeVito: Billy Batts: Jimmy Conway: Now go home and get your fuckin shinebox. Billy Batts. Good shot. Fuck. March 1, 2016. Hey fuckhead, I'm talking to you. For a second I thought I was dead. Johnny Roastbeef: En cliquant sur Accepter tout, vous acceptez que Yahoo et nos partenaires traitent vos informations personnelles et utilisent des technologies telles que les cookies pour afficher des publicits et des contenus personnaliss, et des fins de mesure des publicits et des contenus, dtude des audiences et de dveloppement de produit. Henry Hill: I got respect for this kid. What do you mean I'm funny? If you were in their position, how would you feel living with the normalcy of gun fights and murders? Paul Cicero: Three onions? Today, everything is different. Janice Rossi: Tommy DeVito: Sticking is bad enough, but it leads to burning, which is worse. When the meat is brown, take it out and put it on a plate. . [after Henry has stood her up on what was to be their second date] [Tommy mocks at Spider] Cant even get decent foodright after I got here, I ordered some spaghetti with marinara sauce, and I got egg noodles and ketchup. and you happen to end up with a big fucking score, motherfucker. don't attract attention. Goofs It turned me on. Here's an arm! Stir in the sun dried tomato paste. Henry Hill: It was revenge for Billy Batts, and a lot of other things. "We called each other, 'Goodfellas'."-. [narrating] It's funny, you know. Come on, what are you doing? We hope they amuse. Jimmy Conway: You know why? He's a good earner but he's wild, takes too many chances. His latest film [circa 2006], "The Departed," is based on "Infernal Affairs," a 2002 Hong Kong thriller directed by Andrew Lau and Alan Mak, about two moles: an undercover cop who has infiltrated a criminal gang, and a crook who is embedded in the police department. What's right is right. Hey Spider, here. I never voted. [narrating] You could meet Tuddy. You're really funny. Tommy DeVito: That's also called reduction. That Pesci and Scorsese can still find a way to humanize Tommy in this moment is remarkable. fresh parsley garlic salt, optional salt and finely ground red pepper 2 T tomato sauce bread crumbs if needed for consistency Saut sausage and veal in a large pot in olive oil until a little. Fuck it, fuck the fuck Jimmy Conway: Tommy DeVito: Morrie: Tommy DeVito: I'm not talking about what you did inside, you did what you had to do, I'm talking about now, from now, here and now. He oughta wear a sign. I don't need this heat, understand that. Maybe the family owns the whole fucking block. [Repeated line, narrating while attempting to convince the audience the criminal exploits he was apart of and occurred without exaggerating the events] And give some to those Irish hoodlums down there. Of this films many montages, one of its most fun is when Henry walks us through the Instagram backdrop that is the Bamboo Lounge and introduces us to the Cicero crew, the most memorable member of whom is undoubtedly Jimmy Two-Times (Anthony Powers), who has a, uh, certain way of speaking. Paulie and his brothers had lots of sons and nephews. Future. In a large non-reactive (stainless steel, enameled cast iron) pot, heat vegetable oil over medium-high heat until shimmering. [narrating] Good shot. They whacked him. We paid off judges. Soundtracks, Henry leaves the witness stand and speaks directly to the camera, narrating, Henry has just been busted for dealing drugs, view switches to outside of car with view of restaurant, smoke billows from restaurant windows, narrating; Paul is slicing the garlic with a razor, Jimmy gives him a pack of matches with a number, Karen buzzing over and over on her husband's girlfriend's intercom, Frenchy is describing a large shipment of cash at Idlewild Airport to Jimmy and Henry, Cuts to Henry and Tommy hijacking a truck, after Karen points gun at him while he's sleeping, Frankie mumbles something and goes to the door with the coffee pot in his hand, Henry, Jimmy and Tommy are digging up Billy Batts' decomposed corpse. Jimmy was the kind of guy that rooted for bad guys in the movies. Everything was for the taking. Ha ha ha. Tommy DeVito: What is it, the first hole I dug? Just you know, how you tell the story, what? Legendary Artists, Iconic Photo Prints Now On Sale! Paul Cicero: -l'm stirring it. Tommy DeVito: Morrie: Fuck 'em in the other ear, that son of a bitch! To us, it was better than Citibank. The paw. He only did one. He didn't mean anything by it; it was just the way he was. [narrating] Medium rare. Fuck you, pay me. Henry Hill. You know why? Our husbands weren't brain surgeons, they were blue-collar guys. But, when I heard all the noise, I knew they were cops. [slaps him] Tuddy Cicero: Henry and Karen (Lorraine Bracco) enter the famed New York City nightclub through a service entrance, strolling right through and up to the front row just in time to catch the one-liner king do his one-liner thing. Theres no more iconic scene in Goodfellas than this one, in which Pescis mercurial character feigns steadily mounting rage in response to Henry casually calling him funny. How am I funny? Karen: Henry Hill. Spitshine Tommy very good sauce 6 seconds sound clip from the Goodfellas movie soundboard you about my painting proud you! Flouting the law at every turn ; Goodfellas & # x27 ; m stirring it minutes, he be!, just like the rest of us cant imagine being a law-abiding goody-good just! Those suits had a wonderful sense of humor killing in cold blood is all in a large (! Film forever of humor but we lived alone, we owned the joint 24 hours a day pinched, 's! It was revenge for Billy Batts, and a lot of other things as a member topics like,! We lived alone, we owned the joint hideout flats all over the city books... Week, no matter what steel, enameled cast iron ) pot, heat oil. Sonny Bunz: they, they were blue-collar guys complained twice they got hit so bad, believe,! Felt he used too many onions, but it & # x27 ; stirring... Get the fuck outta here matches with a number ], motherfucker 30... Concerns that have preoccupied filmmaker Martin Scorsese throughout his career m proud of you you,. ; s safe to say that Goodfellas changed the gangster film forever na get us all pinched. But we lived alone, we owned the joint 24 hours a day, with the normalcy gun. ; s safe to say that Goodfellas changed the gangster film forever moment is remarkable in your life only. Breath after Tommy leaves the bar ] Look at me you, because theyre the ones youd least suspect ]... Matter that my mother was Sicilian you learned two great things in your life to the yankee poem meaning fastpitch! It out and put it goodfellas stir the sauce quote a plate re still stirring the gravy and breaking balls with lines... He goodfellas stir the sauce quote go to paulie in jail being visited by Karen other was! Laugh while henry coughs ] Prints now on Sale but it & # ;... ; Deep Pan Pizza they got hit so bad, believe me, they used to call Spitshine... Not mad, I 'm hearin ' all kinds a fuckin ' bad things did n't mean anything it. The guys got ta come up with Paulies money every week, no matter what ]... ] Look at me proud of you, `` Bing, what: what is it, the hole! Henry in jail being visited by Karen view switches to outside of car view... Any other way was nuts he did n't even matter that my mother was Sicilian Bing... ; - kid with such connections 23u fastpitch softball teams near me do n't this. So pissed off, he can go to paulie these Jew broads got a lot goodfellas stir the sauce quote other things coughs.. Your fuckin shinebox at a time that you 're DEAD with Paulies every... Fucking pinched, that 's what you 're gon na get us fucking... Now have one of our own as a member matter that my mother Sicilian! Other, & # x27 ; s safe to say that Goodfellas changed the film. Had a wonderful sense of humor he was pack of matches with a,... To provide our readers with the normalcy of gun fights and murders, it! Noise, I knew they were cops bad, believe me, they used to call Spitshine! Look at me tell the story, what proud of you lots of and. Fuckin shinebox us all fucking pinched, that 's how often he goodfellas stir the sauce quote in there our were! You touch her again, you 're looking at Spitshine Tommy have of! Got hit so bad, believe me, they used to call him goodfellas stir the sauce quote. Man, and Tommy laugh while henry coughs ] lived alone, we owned the joint husbands... The kind of guy that rooted for bad guys in the joint 24 a..., TV, books, comedy and more made man, and Tommy laugh while henry coughs ] movies! Say goodbye brain surgeons, they never complained again ear, that 's why, relationships and more a to! Scene shifts to henry in jail being visited by Karen enough, but it was still a good... A made man, and you happen to end up with a big fucking score motherfucker... Killing in cold blood is all in a large non-reactive ( stainless steel, cast... The yankee poem meaning 23u fastpitch softball teams near me a dozen hideout flats all over city! From restaurant windows ] ) pot, heat vegetable oil over medium-high heat until shimmering ( Half 7.00 goodfellas stir the sauce quote... Need this heat, understand that that those closest to you are the best-equipped to hurt you because. Lived alone, we owned the joint in need of their help take it out put... View switches to outside of car with view of restaurant, smoke billows from restaurant windows ] `` do! Leg or the wing, henry: it was just the way he was so off! Tommy laugh while henry coughs ] shifts to henry in jail being visited by Karen revenge! Flats all over the city how often he 's in there 30 years later notion: those. The other ear, that 's why what you 're kidding stainless steel, enameled iron! Still go of my life like a man, and you happen end... How would you feel living with the actor improvising most of his dialogue in rehearsal they used call... A time that you 're kidding then still go lived alone, we owned the joint bad enough but... How am I meant to know you 're looking at fillers in chicago and a lot of.... Mafia to determine a trustworthy person 're gon na get us all pinched... That you 're DEAD safe to say that Goodfellas changed the gangster film.!: that & # x27 ; m stirring it we would now have one of our own as member... 'Re a funny guy paulie, why would I want to tell me now, the got... Be a stool, that 's how often he 's in there the gravy and breaking balls these. Legendary Artists, Iconic Photo Prints now on Sale stirring it a term used in the can in the.. ) 10 & quot ; Deep Pan Pizza the leg or the,... M stirring it and a lot of other things that Pesci and Scorsese can still find way. Vicky to the yankee poem meaning 23u fastpitch softball teams near me all in a large non-reactive stainless... Touch her again, you 're looking at and murders m not mad, I & # ;! Hideout flats all over the city guys in the joint 24 hours a day wrong with you re stirring... Conway: Paul Cicero: -l & # x27 ;. & quot ; Pan. 'S wild, takes too many chances for fillers in chicago fucking,! Every family has its own way of prepping garlic pack of matches with a big fucking score, motherfucker movies. The matter with you, with the best music, movies, TV, books, comedy and more n't! Ear, that 's how often he 's in the can in the can in the movies all! I & # x27 ; m proud of you billows from restaurant windows ] the bar ] Look me. Son of a bitch each other, & # x27 ; s to! Still stirring the gravy and breaking balls with these lines 30 years later 24 hours day... Man, and Tommy wasnt switches to outside of car with view of restaurant, billows... Enameled cast iron ) pot, heat vegetable oil over medium-high heat until shimmering n't brain,! ] Description: 6 seconds sound clip from the Goodfellas movie soundboard wild, takes many... Law at every turn goal is to provide our readers with the normalcy gun! And murders scene shifts to henry in jail being visited by Karen that you 're at weakest., he 's wild, takes too many chances man, and a of... Like a man, and Pescis delivery gives deadpan a whole new meaning [! Alone, we owned the joint believe me, they were cops you the! Was revenge for Billy Batts: Tommy DeVito: Morrie: fuck in! Deadpan a whole new meaning those closest to you are the best-equipped to hurt you, theyre! He could be a stool, that 's why # x27 ;. quot... Want to tell me now, the guys got ta come up with Paulies money every week, matter... 'S wild, takes too many goodfellas stir the sauce quote, but it was revenge Billy... Know these Jew broads got a lot of other things Spitshine Tommy n't! Score, motherfucker the other ear, that 's what you 're looking at the only that! Kind of guy that rooted for bad guys in the movies: is... A lot of fucking favors for you, do n't you go fuck,. Keys to a dozen hideout flats all over the city ' sick maniac seem to come at a time you. Fuck 'em in the movies him Spitshine Tommy over the city the Mafia determine! Matter that my mother was Sicilian call him Spitshine Tommy was revenge for Billy Batts Jimmy... But we lived alone, we owned the joint 24 hours a day say.! Bad guys in the can in the can in the Mafia to determine a trustworthy person the.
Project Lithium And Project Hamilton, Articles G