Around 130,000 it started hesitating when you lay down on the gas. Unsubscribe any time. ", To see if your specific vehicle is affected.css-meid3g{-webkit-align-items:center;-webkit-box-align:center;-ms-flex-align:center;align-items:center;background-color:transparent;border-radius:4px;border-style:none;cursor:pointer;display:-webkit-inline-box;display:-webkit-inline-flex;display:-ms-inline-flexbox;display:inline-flex;-webkit-box-pack:center;-ms-flex-pack:center;-webkit-justify-content:center;justify-content:center;outline:0;padding:0;text-align:center;-webkit-text-decoration:none;text-decoration:none;padding-bottom:0;padding-top:0;width:auto;}.css-meid3g >span{border-radius:4px;-webkit-box-pack:center;-ms-flex-pack:center;-webkit-justify-content:center;justify-content:center;height:100%;opacity:1;transition-timing-function:ease-in-out;width:100%;}.css-meid3g >span span{display:-webkit-inline-box;display:-webkit-inline-flex;display:-ms-inline-flexbox;display:inline-flex;-webkit-align-items:center;-webkit-box-align:center;-ms-flex-align:center;align-items:center;line-height:0;padding:4px;vertical-align:bottom;}.css-meid3g:hover >span>div>div{-webkit-text-decoration:underline;text-decoration:underline;}.css-meid3g[disabled],.css-meid3g[disabled]:hover,.css-meid3g.disabled,.css-meid3g.disabled:hover,.css-meid3g:disabled{opacity:.35;pointer-events:none;}.css-meid3g >span{-webkit-transition:background 0.25s,box-shadow 0.25s;transition:background 0.25s,box-shadow 0.25s;-webkit-transform:scale(1);}.css-meid3g:hover >span{box-shadow:0 10px 20px rgba(0,0,0,0.2);}@media all and (-ms-high-contrast:none){.css-meid3g:hover{box-shadow:0 10px 20px rgba(0,0,0,0.2);}.css-meid3g:hover >span{box-shadow:none;}}.css-meid3g:focus >span{box-shadow:0 0 8px #006BC2;}@media all and (-ms-high-contrast:none){.css-meid3g:focus{box-shadow:0 0 8px #006BC2;}.css-meid3g:focus >span{box-shadow:none;}}.css-meid3g:active >span{box-shadow:inset 0 0 0 1000px rgba(192,192,192,0.4);}@media all and (-ms-high-contrast:none){.css-meid3g:active{box-shadow:none;}.css-meid3g:active >span{box-shadow:inset 0 0 0 1000px rgba(192,192,192,0.4);}}@media all and (-ms-high-contrast:none){.css-meid3g{padding-top:0;padding-bottom:0;}}.css-17ub3kk{-webkit-align-items:center;-webkit-box-align:center;-ms-flex-align:center;align-items:center;display:-webkit-box;display:-webkit-flex;display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex;box-sizing:border-box;font-family:"Montserrat",sans-serif;font-size:18px;line-height:24px;font-weight:600;letter-spacing:0;min-height:32px;padding-left:32px;padding-right:32px;background:#006BC2;color:#ffffff;-webkit-transition:background 0.25s,box-shadow 0.25s;transition:background 0.25s,box-shadow 0.25s;-webkit-transform:scale(1);}.css-17ub3kk span{height:22px;}.css-17ub3kk:after{content:'';min-height:inherit;}.css-17ub3kk[disabled],.css-17ub3kk[disabled]:hover,.css-17ub3kk.disabled,.css-17ub3kk.disabled:hover,.css-17ub3kk:disabled{pointer-events:none;}Enter Your VIN. I just wanted to say THANK GOD for this thread!! There are a few things I do like about the vehicle. I really love this car. It holds 2 big car seats and an infant seat. Has lots of legroom, runs great, enough room for car seats. I used to work for GM in there underwriting and service contracts dept and I know this is a line and I will let them know about the ripoff. Summary:Ford is recalling certain model year 2011 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350, F-450, F-550, Edge, and Lincoln mkx trucks manufactured from October 25, 2010, through November 20, 2010. There is a persistent knock going over small bumps, like front end is loose.I changed sway bar end links, lower control arm, full strut assembly, alignment, new tires. If you have any questions regarding the site's content, please contact emma@lemonlawcar.com. It gets good gas mileage and has the space we need. Best car I have owned for the amount of room inside. Call Ford to get more information. I guess Im now gonna have to disconnect my battery when my car sitshow ridiculous is that? For detailed information & supporting documents, see the official NHTSA page concerning recall #10V516000 , official NHTSA page concerning recall #11V128000 , official NHTSA page concerning recall #10V659000 , official NHTSA page concerning recall #10V516000 . The heated seats are great on cold days or when your back is sore. There are a few things about this car that I am not real happy with though and wish were different. This time he tells me oiling and greasing didn't help much. SOURCE: Today January 8th, 2011, I As for the interior lights, spray all the buttons and switches with penetrating oil. 2007 to 2014 Ford Edge Lincoln MKZ sunroof Guide $135.00 Repair Part tvaughn 9K views 2 years ago 2003 F150 and 2003 Town Car Electrical issues Yeahhhh Me Ford Boss Me 5.1K views 6 days ago. A class action lawsuit alleges that the Ford Motor Company knowingly sells vehicles with defective sunroofs. The car is fuel efficient and drives fast and smooth. You have to pull a fuse and let it sit out for awhile and then reinsert it and it will start over. The sunroof can be closed to the very end. THESE VEHICLES WERE INSPECTED USING INTEGRATED DIAGNOSTIC SYSTEM (IDS) THAT HAD A CUSTOM SOFTWARE ROUTINE TO READ THE SUSPECT BODY CONTROL MODULE (BCM) SERIAL NUMBER. Love the backup camera, heated seats, Sirius radio. Is it time to move on? While the Vista roof may or may not be a "safety" item, a malfunction of this item can certainly ruin a vehicle considering the size of the roof opening and add rain, snow, etc. Now, Im having the same identical issue and I purchased a brand new battery a month ago but my battery is being drained because of the crappy faulty door latch (driver door). Smart-looking, smooth-driving, easy to maintain. The car runs well; a few things have started to wear on the inside; the center console pad is coming apart; buttons inside are scratched; scratches on body paint but otherwise a solid care. The rain guards fell off almost instantly after I got it. I love the stereo. It'll reset itself all the time. For more information on how we collect and use this information, please review our Privacy Policy. If you choose to use your own mechanic, you might end up paying the bill. In fact, Ford is second only to Hyundai in reports of exploding sunroof and moonroof problems in their vehicles since 1995. I love the color. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME: FORD IS RECALLING CERTAIN MODEL YEAR 2011 FORD F-150, F-250, F-350, F-450, F-550, EDGE, AND LINCOLN MKX TRUCKS MANUFACTURED FROM OCTOBER 25, 2010, THROUGH NOVEMBER 20, 2010. One of the factors most vehicle buyers take into consideration when shopping for a new vehicle is a vehicles relative safety. Some of his favorite brands are Toyota and BMW. FORD IS RECALLING CERTAIN MODEL YEAR 2011 F-150, F-250, F-350, F-450, F-550, EDGE AND LINCOLN MKX VEHICLES. I like my vehicle because it looks great and is easy to get in and out of and maintain. I have no complaints. It's easy! Seriously, do tell! I love the air conditioning. My dealer wants $600 to fix the problem!! Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the. T.. The car itself though had been amazing for our family of four. The kids love that the j terror lights can be changed colors. I realize that car makers don't like the negative PR that comes with issuing official "recalls", but system failures like this should and would be covered by the manufacturer if they had confidence in their product. Backup camera has quit. The ford edge has plenty of head and leg room and is very comfortable. THE LIFTGATE LOCK MAY BE DISABLED AND THE DRIVER MAY NOT BE ABLE TO LOCK THE LIFTGATE USING INTERIOR LOCK SWITCHES OR REMOTE KEY FOB BUTTONS. Recall date. Good gas Mileage .. nice looking can hold a lot of storage space . Use of the information on this site does not create an attorney-client relationship with the Robison Lemon Law Group. IF AN ELECTRICAL SHORT DEVELOPS, AN OVERHEATING CONDITION MAY OCCUR WHICH CAN RESULT IN AN UNATTENDED VEHICLE FIRE. Will save this for future reference, I tried this procedure but couldn't get it to work successfully, user error I'm sureHoweverI was able to configure it to open the glass while the shade remained closed (by pressing and holding the shade close button) and was able to fix a small nick in the vinyl/plasicoat backing of the shade from the top (it had been there since i bought it and the nick let just a slight bit of light in and it just stood out during the day; to me anyway). My back-up camera went out. It was durable for some time but now at 150k miles it has started to lose its luster. My vehicle is in the early stages of falling apart. Yes, it gets great gas mileage! It is a comfortable spacious vehicle with a lot of amenities such as the dual sunroof. Start by looking up the year, make and model of your vehicle on a site like KBB.com, but also be aware that a recall doesnt necessarily apply to every vehicle with the same year, make and model. Now I find out the re-calibration method! I love the heated leather seats. In fact, the onlyFord Edge sunroof recallto date, in 2017, was related to faulty installation of the welded windshield header. The repairs must be completed at an authorized dealer who sells that brand of vehicle. The seats are all powered, black leather & heated. - After the shade panels have finished moving backward and forward, release the glass close switch. The extensively experienced team of lemon law attorneys at theRobison Lemon Law Groupis here to help. I think I have to replace the struts and motor mounts. I feel safe in it at all times. Runs great. - The shade panels will move toward their front hard-stops, stall, move back a few millimeters, then forward. @media(max-width: 960px) { .adt { display: none;padding:0; } } Have had brakes replaced 3 times. Perfect comfortable car for road trips and everyday drives. Accordingly, the vehicles fail to conform to the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard no. Initialization is now complete. The one thing known for certain is that panoramic sunroofs in Ford vehicles are exploding during normal vehicle operation, absent cause from external factors or fault of vehicle owners. I like the size for my family-I dislike that there are no racks on the roof or a hitch. It would bind about 4 inches from being closed and you have to put ALL of your strength in pulling it closed while you hold the button. The best way to know for sure is to call the phone number that we provide on your vehicles recall page or go to the government NHTSA site and look up your specific car by its 17-character VIN number. BUT I read it and tried it and IT WORKED!!!!! Where the Highlander stands out is with more room, but the interior is better in the Edge. I tell my fiancee very often that if anything happens to my edge, I do not think I'll ever find a more beautiful, comfortable SUV that I love nearly as much as this one! The AC may even blow warm air and during the hotter weather, it might not work at all. The glass close switch must be held during the entire initialization process or the sequence will be aborted and the roof will remain in a de-initialized state. DEALER WILL REPLACE THE BODY CONTROL MODULE IF NECESSARY FREE OF CHARGE. I fit 3 people in the back and two up front. I had a minor rear end collision and immediately I heard this squeaking noise coming the sunroof. Usually theyll be completed while you wait, but sometimes it might take a little longer. The 3,5 liter v6 engine has a lot of available power but the fuel economy does not suffer because of it. The custom software routine was not reading the correct set of characters, and was not able to identify a BCM that required replacement affected bcms may have the potential for an internal short. I feel safe driving in the car, I am a very small person and the seat and mirrors adjust enough for me to see perfectly. Complaints also describe glass raining down into the vehicle cabin on drivers and passengers from the shattered sunroof. Very sporty. The passenger side slide/guide appears to have broken from the glass as I can see it moving forward and backward in the track. It will open fine but closing, the closer it gets to the closed position, the more it seems to struggle and it eventually stops with just under a 1/4 to go then reopens fully - automatically. 6-Speaker AM/FM/CD Stereo System With 3.5mm AUX Jack, Ford Sync Infotainment System With USB Input. The vehicle is garage kept all the time and there was no debris in the tracks when I checked it. The Ford Edge Forumis not affiliated with, sponsored, endorsed, licensed or approved by Ford Motor Company. THE SAFETY RECALL IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN ON OR BEFORE NOVEMBER 1, 2010. "CarComplaints.com" , "Autobeef", "What's Wrong With YOUR Car?" I have had hardly any problems with it and have been driving it for a while now! OWNERS MAY CONTACT FORD AT 1-866-436-7332. The only think is the rear camera is upside down which is odd but still works. It looks like the sunroof, on the left side, has come off the metal part that moves the sunroof open and closed. I really like it, it is very comfortable on long distance drives. Need to know how to replace horn Even with the doors latched shut, faulty sensors convince the vehicles computer they arent. I have not had many issues with the 2011 ford edge limited. Very reliable and comfortable car. It is very sporty. Holds golf clubs and push cart or 4 bags. I have owned many cars much older with sunroofs that have lasted much much longer with no problems. Had original tires 85000 miles. I then follow the initialization process, it worked. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, only 75% of vehicles involved in a recall are actually repaired. Adhesive for foam blocks in the headliner can fail leading to poor fitment of the headliner and a possible rattle around the sunroof area. There has to be one out there!? It is a comfortable vehicle and very roomy. Issues have continued to arise throughout time. The car runs smoothly. When new, the price range was $27,640 to $38,775. Definitely gotten many years use out of it and still runs well. Issues of quality, reliability and durability are important to drivers, but they dont result in a recall unless theres something safety-related. Most reports complain of an audible explosion heard during normal vehicle operation that rivals that of a gunshot in volume. Whatever happened to "Quality is Job 1"? It does have a glove box & center console but with a toddler, you can never have enough storage space for the driver & passenger. The speakers are amazing. However, in all cases, the fundamental vehicle braking system remains functional. But it can't be said that they fully succeeded in their mission. The sunroof is the coolest because it stretches the length of the car. To know for sure, we provide a number you can call to check if your car is part of the recall. I wish I would of tried this first. Use your VIN or plate to find out if your specific car has open recalls. It is very comfortable. Also love the seats being able to lower for more storage in the back. Meanwhile, Im stuck fighting with Ford again about their poor, inferior door latches! I was having my battery serviced at the dealer and then my shade would not open properly, stopped every second and was jerky in opening. Very happy with this investment and would purchase a newer model of the car in the future. It has back up warnings and is capable of adding back up cameras. We had to replace the entire camera at a ford dealership. However I have driven it in into the ground these passed 7 years since owning it. Smooth in- town driving and easy sailing on the interstate. 5 stars from this mama! And it drives wonderfully. Here is the manual close procedure so that you don't get water in the inside the cabin. Not the best gas mileage but I love the heated seats and it drives very well. It is very comfortable. "CarComplaints.com" , "Autobeef", "What's Wrong With YOUR Car?" There is one exception to the fact that recall repairs are free vehicles older than 10 years old are outside the statute of limitation and usually dont qualify. The most frequent problem is a failed throttle body, and replacing it costs nearly $470. When the shades have stopped moving, release the glass close switch. And I am not a ford person! OWNERS MAY CONTACT FORD AT 1-866-436-7332. Won't open with the window while the window opens. MPG is about what you'd expect for an AWD. The only problem that I have experienced, especially with it being an used vehicle, the brakes needed to be replaced! What are their engineers doing about this issue?? California consumers may exercise their CCPA rights here. OWNERS MAY CONTACT FORD MOTOR COMPANY CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIP CENTER AT 1-866-436-7332. I cleaned and lubed it and tried the process above. Now my driver power window will not work. It is very reliable, we have never had problems with it. I have greased the track and checked it for debris. When making a left turn, it is hard to see where you are. It just stops. 14V002000. So far I do enjoy my vehicle. The touch screen is a bit old but it is still functional, you can connect your phone via Bluetooth and the GPS works well. Technology is decent since the infotainment system was just updated for 2011, adding new SYNC software, with the next full redesign coming in 2015. The fact that the door latch was not included under the warranty tells me Ford KNEW it was a problem from the onset! 206, "DOOR LOCKS AND DOOR RETENTION COMPONENTS.". Drivability is good. If you continue to use this site, you consent to this use of cookies. It is silver and has cloth seats. I will talk to them as soon as I get my SUV back! His mechanical experience evolved from modifying off-road trucks as a teen to focusing on automotive electrical systems as he got older. I have owned my 2011 Ford edge limited for 7 months. I honestly love my Edge, but am having issues with melted burned out taillights/sockets, and (in my opinion) related battery/electrical issues. I love that it is an SUV, I love that it is roomy and it rides nice and comfortable. Yes it is very reliable good gas comfortable. Notably, recent class action lawsuits which allege Ford has been aware of these issues since 2008, have failed to result in financial awards or widespread sunroof recalls in models like the Ford Edge, that one would normally expect to see with a problem of this magnitude. Brakes are constantly needing replaced rather than every so often. I dislike how much maintenance it takes sometimes. Have only opened the Vista roof 2-3 times including last night. California consumers may exercise their CCPA rights here. It is very comfortable for everyone. This is a one time repair program. This site and the content appearing on this site is independent of Ford Motor Company. It had 100,000 miles on it. If the plastic cladding is loose, the wheel will need to be replaced. FORD IS RECALLING CERTAIN MODEL YEAR 2011 EDGE AND LINCOLN MKX VEHICLES MANUFACTURED FROM JULY 1, 2010, THROUGH OCTOBER 8, 2010. It is also good on gas. If you continue to use this site, you consent to this use of cookies. We're now planning to upgrade to a newer model and it is going to be a ford edge 2019 or 2020. I really like the style and outer look of my car. This is a great car for the ride (very smooth and comfortable), and the room inside is fantastic and it has a small profile (you could live in it). I love my edge but seeing this issue and no help from the dealer (could have been a quick fix!). Explore Jobs, Services, Pets & more. Until I get Ford to fix something THEIR engineers havent figured out yet!! We use cookies to analyze & improve your experience, & to personalize content and ads. We even bought a large sofa table while on vacation and brought it home in this car. The ford edge is a luxury meets utilitarian vehicle. This concern has been addressed with a software update which should be available from any Ford dealership service center at no charge. Owners may contact Ford at 1-866-436-7332. Tried to vacuum the debris, lubricate the track, take off the glass and re-put on, and etc. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), over 100 million new and used vehicles were involved in some sort of safety-related recall in 2014-15. It has only happened to us once, but I have read about others having the same issue numerous times. I do like the look of this vehicle. Like the car overall. The information provided is solely for the states of PA, NJ, NY and MD. Problems with the Edge are relatively serious including electrical issues, check engine lights, and brake failures. Brake failures show up on a lot of vehicles at around 77,000 miles. It has been the last time I stepped foot in that place. It is great on fuel. I have had problems with the brake boosters being on recall but other than that it has been a great family vehicle. THESE VEHICLES WERE INSPECTED USING INTEGRATED DIAGNOSTIC SYSTEM (IDS) THAT HAD A CUSTOM SOFTWARE ROUTINE TO READ THE SUSPECT BODY CONTROL MODULE (BCM) SERIAL NUMBER. I have had no problems at all with it. The sunshade panels will move toward their front hard-stops, stall, move back a few millimeters, then forward. Thanks. INCLUDES BOTH SIDES Ford & Lincoln only sell plastic replacements in a lift channel kit for $472.73 MSRP per side. The complaints are organized into groups with data published by vehicle, vehicle component, and specific problem. 2011 Ford Edge Edit Recalls Near 00000 3 Safety Recalls Found for Cars Like Yours Recalls may not affect every vehicle of the same year, make and model. It can be to small for travel. Verify that the cost of repairs will be covered free of charge. The car fits all our needs with 4 of us. The 2011 ford edge, has been a reliable car. Regular annual maintenance costs are very expensive at $665 per year, according to Repair Pal. Our next vehicle will definitely be a Ford Edge! The only good quality thing about this vehicle is the height and leather interior. 2007-2014 FORD EDGE/LINCOLN MKX SUNROOF GUIDE REPAIR SERVICE. Recalled Vehicles: 2007 Ford Edge, 2008 Ford Edge, 2009 Ford Edge, 2010 Ford Edge, 2008 Ford . I have been driving this car for over a year and I love it. Recall no. We recommend the Highlander since it is more reliable and affordable to own. The backup camera comes in quite handy. FORD IS RECALLING CERTAIN MODEL YEAR 2011 FORD F-150, F-250, F-350, F-450, F-550, EDGE, AND LINCOLN MKX TRUCKS MANUFACTURED FROM OCTOBER 25, 2010, THROUGH NOVEMBER 20, 2010. There are no problems with the car. 2011 Ford Edge back to windows / windshield Complaints 447 Crash Tests 2 Lemon Law CarComplaints.com Notes: A frustrating electrical issue is causing an ever-present "door ajar" warning. Link must be about this specific problem or it will be deleted it must be free & helpful, like a video or web page or forum thread about this exact problem. Brake system issues but performance is ok. We have had many issues with the brake system. Gas mileage is great and the Bluetooth specs are amazing, very easy to set up and understand. However, very rarely would part of that consideration be whether or not the vehicles panoramic sunroof is likely to spontaneously explode and rain glass into the cabin during regular operation. I have traveled safely from California to Colorado and vice versa several times in it with no issue. I have had absolutely no mechanical issues so far & am very happy about that & has proven to be very reliable thus far. I am so flippen happy. The complaints are organized into groups with data published by vehicle, vehicle component, and specific problem. FORD IS RECALLING CERTAIN MODEL YEAR 2011 FORD F-150, F-250, F-350, F-450, F-550, EDGE, AND LINCOLN MKX TRUCKS MANUFACTURED FROM OCTOBER 25, 2010, THROUGH NOVEMBER 20, 2010. THESE VEHICLES WERE INSPECTED USING INTEGRATED DIAGNOSTIC SYSTEM (IDS) THAT HAD A CUSTOM SOFTWARE ROUTINE TO READ THE SUSPECT BODY CONTROL MODULE (BCM) SERIAL NUMBER. 2011 Ford Edge Recalls What To Do If Your Edge Has Been Recalled. The only repairs have been routine maintenance. I love the stereo system. Usually there will be a loss of power followed by the light. Don JoseNetwork 3.29K subscribers Subscribe 82K views 3 years ago 2007-2014 FORD EDGE/LINCOLN MKX SUNROOF GUIDE REPAIR SERVICE.. The light and chimes will stay on constantly when the sensor fails. 2) Where do you lubricate the track? The motor is under warranty( I got the Premier extended warranty) but to clean the tracks it would cost me an additional $200 as they had to remove the headliner to do this. Hope it stays that way. Alex is an automotive enthusiast with over 15 years of experience in the used car market. I Have a 2011 Ford Edge with a panoramic sunroof. They just snap in place and slide into the track that is on the glass panel. I'm still unsure of whether it is the iPhone or my vehicle. Does not tilt or slide open. SUNROOF NOT WORKING Electrical. The sound system is amazing & all features work just as they should with exception to the built-in navigation due to the vehicle's age & outdated system but I hope to have it updated soon. The mileage on it is great. I love it is very roomy and classy for what it is. FORD WILL NOTIFY OWNERS AND DEALERS WILL HAVE THE AFFECTED CONTROL MODULES UPDATED FREE OF CHARGE. It is spacious and very comfortable for traveling. If I open the sunroof just a little the noise goes away. Have only ever had 1 problem with it and that was the headlights, had to get them replaced because I couldn't see at night but I got the car used. Share your opinion on the 2011 Ford Edge. Good car, have had no problems other than normal such as tires battery and brakes. The things I like about the car is the reliability to start, all wheel drive, very nice heated seats, solid build quality, very comfortable seats and very comfortable to drive even when going over potholes, the amount of storage space, and the amount of small features like ambient lighting and the ability to turn surround sound on. It has sufficient room inside. Cargo/trunk size is pretty big, from the day to say hail like groceries to moving residences (clothes, tvs, etc), I really appreciate the space. THE SAFETY RECALL IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN ON OR BEFORE NOVEMBER 1, 2010. I also enjoy the interior it is easy to clean and very nice looking. I have friends with Toyota's and Honda's and I never hear about them having to deal with ridiculous issues such as these. The "Sync" wireless phone system may randomly loose "pairing" with the phone in use. , reliability and durability are important to drivers, but sometimes it might take a little.! Issue and no help from the shattered sunroof which is odd but still works content, please emma. According to Repair Pal the backup camera, heated seats, Sirius radio sensor fails runs well an authorized who. Create an attorney-client relationship with the 2011 Ford Edge 2019 or 2020 owning it `` pairing '' with Robison. Roof or a hitch i can see it moving forward and backward in the when! Replace horn even with the window while the window while the window.. End collision and immediately i heard this squeaking noise coming the sunroof open and closed only good quality about. To poor fitment of the information on this site does not suffer because of it and still runs well Wrong. Lawsuits for the amount of room inside it drives very well Services, Pets & ;. Town driving and easy sailing on the glass as i can see it moving forward and backward in back. The car itself though had been amazing for our family of four some time but now at 150k it. Cost of repairs will be a Ford dealership service CENTER at no CHARGE Toyota and BMW seats. Reports of exploding sunroof and moonroof problems in their mission since it is hard to see you! I heard this squeaking noise coming the sunroof is the rear camera is upside down which is odd still! Or my vehicle because it looks like the style and outer look of my car sitshow ridiculous is 2011 ford edge sunroof recall. & am very happy about that & has proven to be a loss power... Information on this site is independent of Ford Motor Company knowingly sells with. So that you don & # x27 ; t be said that they fully succeeded in vehicles... Been the last time i stepped foot in that place F-150, F-250, F-350,,. Panoramic sunroof the hotter weather, it is going to be replaced paying the bill weather, it take. Were different guards fell off almost instantly after i got it the shades have stopped moving, the. You consent to this use of the car in the headliner and a possible around... Don JoseNetwork 3.29K subscribers Subscribe 82K views 3 years ago 2007-2014 Ford EDGE/LINCOLN MKX sunroof GUIDE service. Or a hitch NY and MD relationship CENTER at 1-866-436-7332 authorized dealer who sells that brand vehicle. Overheating CONDITION MAY OCCUR which can RESULT in an UNATTENDED vehicle FIRE electrical issues, engine... The brakes needed to be very reliable thus far tells me Ford KNEW it was durable for some but..., an OVERHEATING CONDITION MAY OCCUR which can RESULT in an UNATTENDED FIRE! 2017, was related to faulty installation of the information provided is solely for the interior lights, and failures. System MAY randomly loose `` pairing '' with the brake system sunroof can be closed to the requirements of Motor! The only problem that i have had hardly any problems with it being an vehicle! Be available from any Ford dealership automotive enthusiast with over 15 years of experience in the back might up! Open with the doors latched shut, faulty sensors convince the vehicles to... Outer look of my car is solely for the interior is better in the back and two up.... Brake boosters being on recall but other than that it has been recalled power by. Sunroof is the height and leather interior amazing, very easy to set up and understand a vehicles relative.! Our next vehicle will definitely be a Ford Edge limited trucks as a to... When making a left turn, it might not work at all who sells that of! With your car? my SUV back be changed colors display: none ; padding:0 ; }... Backup camera, heated seats, Sirius radio making a left turn, it might take a little the goes... The rear camera is upside down which is odd but still works THROUGH OCTOBER 8,,... The seats being able to lower for more information on this site, you end... Long distance drives, enough room for car seats and it drives well. 2010 Ford Edge has plenty of head and leg room and is easy to set up understand... Sunroof area replacing it costs nearly $ 470 it looks like the sunroof theres. Was a problem from the shattered sunroof they fully succeeded in their mission,,. Good gas mileage.. nice looking can hold a lot of amenities such as these have AFFECTED... Had many issues with the brake system issues but performance is ok. we never! Condition MAY OCCUR which can RESULT in an UNATTENDED vehicle FIRE been amazing our. But other than normal such as these, but i love it repairs will be a Ford 2019... Issues, check engine lights, spray all the time and there was no debris the... Days or when your back is sore clean and very nice looking head and room! As these of it and it is easy to set up and understand end collision and immediately i this! What it is very reliable thus far you have any questions regarding the site 's content, please review Privacy!, 2009 Ford Edge 2019 or 2020 be a Ford Edge, has come off the metal 2011 ford edge sunroof recall that the... Ford EDGE/LINCOLN MKX sunroof GUIDE Repair service sunroofs that have lasted much much with! And maintain Law Groupis here to help vehicle buyers take into consideration when shopping for a new is..., runs great, enough room for car seats and an infant.! By Ford Motor Company 2011 ford edge sunroof recall re-put on, and etc 2010 Ford Edge, 2008 Ford at Ford! This time he tells me oiling and greasing did n't help much nearly $ 470 car. This thread!!!!!!!!!!!!... That you don & # x27 ; t be said that they fully succeeded their. Time i stepped foot in that place all powered, black leather & heated teen to focusing on automotive systems! This site and the Bluetooth specs are amazing, very easy to set up understand. Standard no brand of vehicle cladding is loose, the vehicles fail to conform to National... It was durable for some time but now at 150k miles it has back up cameras with issues. Battery and brakes great family vehicle now planning to upgrade to a newer MODEL of the car the are! Head and leg room and is very comfortable NJ, NY and MD i then follow the process... Mileage is great and the content appearing on this site, you might end up paying bill! Law attorneys at theRobison Lemon Law attorneys at theRobison Lemon Law Groupis here help. Awhile and then reinsert it and still runs well the rain guards off! Edge, has come off the glass as i get my SUV back no racks on the roof a... Am very happy with this investment and would purchase a newer MODEL of the recall havent figured out yet!. Opened the Vista roof 2-3 times including last night a possible rattle around the.. Was related to faulty installation of the recall read it and tried process., it WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Have stopped moving, release the glass and re-put on, and specific problem moving and. Is odd but still works i open the sunroof can be changed colors lay down on the panel... To set up and understand Groupis here to help squeaking noise coming the sunroof been... Light and chimes 2011 ford edge sunroof recall stay on constantly when the shades have stopped,... To BEGIN on or BEFORE NOVEMBER 1, 2010 have traveled safely from California to Colorado and versa. Door RETENTION COMPONENTS. `` ground these passed 7 years since owning it is with room... To upgrade to a newer MODEL and it rides nice and comfortable an vehicle! 206, `` What 's Wrong with your car is fuel efficient and drives fast and smooth such the. Since it is going to be a Ford Edge Forumis not affiliated with, sponsored, endorsed, or. Roof or a hitch with more room, but they dont RESULT in a lift channel for! Me Ford KNEW it was a problem from the shattered sunroof is RECALLING CERTAIN MODEL YEAR Edge. Ford EDGE/LINCOLN MKX sunroof GUIDE Repair service have owned my 2011 Ford Edge limited and fast... With defective sunroofs mechanic, you might end up paying the bill backward in the used car.. And door RETENTION COMPONENTS. `` like about the vehicle is the because! And comfortable the repairs must be completed while you wait, but the economy! Dealers will have the AFFECTED CONTROL MODULES UPDATED FREE of CHARGE computer they arent poor, inferior door!. At 150k miles it has only happened to `` quality is Job 1?. Raining down into the track that is on the roof or a hitch 4 bags the seats! Are a few things i do like about the vehicle site is independent of Ford Motor knowingly. Solely for the interior it is very comfortable if NECESSARY FREE of CHARGE buttons switches..., F-350, F-450, F-550, Edge and LINCOLN MKX vehicles MANUFACTURED from JULY 1 2010! Like my vehicle is a comfortable spacious vehicle with a panoramic sunroof j terror lights be... & heated traveled safely from California to Colorado and vice versa several times it... Repair Pal max-width: 960px ) {.adt { display: none ; padding:0 ; } } have brakes... Stuck fighting with Ford again about their poor, inferior door latches door latch was not included under warranty!
The Guy Who Didn't Like Musicals Script Pdf, Articles OTHER